One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Hi and firstly, welcome here to a fellow Canadian.

DFC isn't wrong to point you to the other forum also, but there's nothing wrong about asking here, and this is in no way the "wrong group" (just not the only one). I thought your project sounded interesting but didn't jump in because unfortunately I can't think of a specific sculpt. And worse I think getting that kind of large hair, especially in an unusual mauve colour, is a challenge. Rooted hair colour is notoriously problematic to change or repaint, where neither hobby products, nor those used on human hair, will work.

I know it would be expensive, but could you combine an Integrity Jem headsculpt, maybe retouched up, with a skin-matching, fully realistic TBL body? And Jem was larger than Barbie, so some Jem clothes or accessories might even work, combined however with the more realistic body. For that matter, what about repainting an actual 80's Jem headsculpt, where at least you'd have the hair taken care of? Getting a "lifelike" result in terms of body, skin, and full posability is going to be easier than than on the face, but a retouched mass-haired Jem head may be close enough for jazz. Or is it somehow essential to your concept that it has to done entirely without any actual Jem parts (original or Integrity)?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts