One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
DC, TRANSFORMERS, VOLTRON, ROBOTECH, HEMAN, WITCHER & MORE...
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I'd like to create a custom Jem (classic/original look), utilizing seamless parts (if possible). The problem is I'm having a tough time finding a 1/6 scale face sculp (at least something I could work with). And how would you suggest I give its hair volume (like an 80s glam rock/pop star). The clothes I'd tackle after. But for now any suggestions are welcomed for face sculps (or even hair volume recommendations).

Thanks y'all!

Cartoon Vertebrate Mammal Happy Gesture

Purple Cartoon Pink Art Violet

Cartoon Mouth Gesture Finger Art

Purple Pink Cartoon Poster Font

Purple Organism Pink Violet Art

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,956 Posts
IMHO . . .

You're asking the question in the wrong group.

I recommend this group for your question. The members there will likely be more familiar and resourceful for assistance.

Good luck.

Reactions: TheWhiteWolf

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I suggest to try Barbie or related dolls. The facial structure looks similar but their heads are on the smaller side though as they are "11" inch figures.
There's two reasons why I don't want to go the Barbie avenue: 1) Integrity Toys (they're a higher end competitor to Barbie) & they already make official Jem products, and 2) I want to make a lifelike Jem (something that's never been done). But I do very much appreciate your input. Thanks much!

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Hi and firstly, welcome here to a fellow Canadian.

DFC isn't wrong to point you to the other forum also, but there's nothing wrong about asking here, and this is in no way the "wrong group" (just not the only one). I thought your project sounded interesting but didn't jump in because unfortunately I can't think of a specific sculpt. And worse I think getting that kind of large hair, especially in an unusual mauve colour, is a challenge. Rooted hair colour is notoriously problematic to change or repaint, where neither hobby products, nor those used on human hair, will work.

I know it would be expensive, but could you combine an Integrity Jem headsculpt, maybe retouched up, with a skin-matching, fully realistic TBL body? And Jem was larger than Barbie, so some Jem clothes or accessories might even work, combined however with the more realistic body. For that matter, what about repainting an actual 80's Jem headsculpt, where at least you'd have the hair taken care of? Getting a "lifelike" result in terms of body, skin, and full posability is going to be easier than than on the face, but a retouched mass-haired Jem head may be close enough for jazz. Or is it somehow essential to your concept that it has to done entirely without any actual Jem parts (original or Integrity)?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

DFC isn't wrong to point you to the other forum also, but there's nothing wrong about asking here, and this is in no way the "wrong group" (just not the only one). I thought your project sounded interesting but didn't jump in because unfortunately I can't think of a specific sculpt. And worse I think getting that kind of large hair, especially in an unusual mauve colour, is a challenge. Rooted hair colour is notoriously problematic to change or repaint, where neither hobby products, nor those used on human hair, will work.

I know it would be expensive, but could you combine an Integrity Jem headsculpt, maybe retouched up, with a skin-matching, fully realistic TBL body? And Jem was larger than Barbie, so some Jem clothes or accessories might even work, combined however with the more realistic body. For that matter, what about repainting an actual 80's Jem headsculpt, where at least you'd have the hair taken care of? Getting a "lifelike" result in terms of body, skin, and full posability is going to be easier than than on the face, but a retouched mass-haired Jem head may be close enough for jazz. Or is it somehow essential to your concept that it has to done entirely without any actual Jem parts (original or Integrity)?
That just might work, to somehow obtain an Integrity Jem headsculpt (I never thought of that). Also Integrity is releasing a better quality Jem outfit to be released in a few months (everything from her dress, heels, microphone & more). But it's only available to their 'W' members, but if I can somehow obtain it that would rock (I'd have to evaluate if it would fit on a TBLeague/Phicen or the like, let alone it being a silicone body ect... ). I mean it would then be a partial custom Jem but since I'm new to customizations, I might as well try to take this path at least.

Thanks so much fellow Canuck, you gave me some inspiring ideas 💡

And thanks for being so Welcoming 👈

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,956 Posts

--

Let me put it this way.

The OP's question I believe is a valid question, but IMHO it's in the wrong audience/group.

It's like going to an Old West saloon filled with the stereotypical characters of the genre and asking the barkeeper for a glass of milk or a Shirley Temple.

The other recommended venue is like an open bistro serving alcohol, coffee drinks, and the usual dining items for a more general audience where an individual can order a Jack Daniels on the rocks, a glass of milk, a Shirley Temple, or a virgin drink.

So there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
--

Let me put it this way.

The OP's question I believe is a valid question, but IMHO it's in the wrong audience/group.

It's like going to an Old West saloon filled with the stereotypical characters of the genre and asking the barkeeper for a glass of milk or a Shirley Temple.

The other recommended venue is like an open bistro serving alcohol, coffee drinks, and the usual dining items for a more general audience where an individual can order a Jack Daniels on the rocks, a glass of milk, a Shirley Temple, or a virgin drink.

So there.
Point taken, I'm pretty new here & I guess I'll just have to decipher which groups closest match what I'm trying to relay.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think one of these might work. They should be variant versions of the same thing. I purchased a different variant on another site but it's no longer available there. I used mine to make a "Tank Girl" but always thought she was too clean cut/high class for my purposes and am in the process of sculpting my own head for her, but think it could work very well for your project. The eyes are very sultry. The tongue can be removed/repositioned to make her look like she's singing. You'd need to tweak make-up and hair but think it's a good start. Good Luck! Amazon.com: LoveinDIY 1/6 Female Head Sculpture Sculpt for Hot Toys/Sideshow/Enterbay/TC Figures - A : Toys & Games Amazon.com: Baoblaze 1/6 Female Head Sculpt Carved Lips and Tongue Expression for Hot Toys, Phicen, Kumik, CY Girls 12 inch Figure - C : Toys & Games

1 - 15 of 15 Posts