One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Warning: Choking Hazard !
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,
My latest custom is inspired from a comic book character I found quite interesting. His name is Jeb Lee..one of Apocalypse's final horsemen called Famine.

Here's my take on the two page panel above.
(There were a few creative adjustments I made on account of what I had on hand)

The base body, headsculpt and hands were from DAM toys' zombie soilder.
I found an excellent Confederate soldier uniform set from In The Past Toys and thought it would be a great opportunity for me to create Jeb. (I do not own this photo btw)

The custom civil war drum took a bit longer than expected. Made from a paper clip container, some cloth, strip of leather, plastic plates. I had to redo it a few times and finally settled with one I was happy with. Sadly, I didnt take any pictures of stringing the drum together and weathering it up. Drumsticks were also custom made.

Used jute strings as long grass similar to the comic panels and I wanted to show the grass around Jeb rotting as he walked by hence the two toned colour.

For more information on Jeb Lee, refer to this link
That's all for now folks and thanks for dropping by !

BRGS,
Leo

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Seriously wicked work, man.

I applaud your imagination with this one and, of course, the work is beautiful.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Nicely done! Might have to pick up that comic if I can, because that looks pretty awesome too.

But I don't get one thing: the comic page you showed depicted him as a confederate spy in union uniform; your figure is a... union spy in confederate uniform?

·
Warning: Choking Hazard !
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
VERY evocative, I love it!
Thank you i'm glad you like it !

Amazing! The execution is flawless. Beautiful dio and drum too.
Thanks BrokenSage - it might be a tad small but we work with what we have right ?

Seriously wicked work, man.

I applaud your imagination with this one and, of course, the work is beautiful.
thank you dadrab..I wanted to do something different so thank you !

Superb! That dio is excellent; it looks quite realistic.
thanks zebraten..most of what I've done is based on what I've picked up from this forum..there's just so much inspiring work being put out here !

Wow man that sick!
thanks boss !

Excellent work, and a really unique choice of character. I love how you made the drum, and the weathering on the grass is a great detail.
Thanks Warden, I initially wanted to use an empty Mr Hobby Spray Can for the drum but that would have been too heavy and by chance found the paper clip container.

Have to make one just like this. Amazing!
If I can do it Madbatt, I'm sure you can too ! thanks so much !

Fantastic work. I definitely agree he was one of the most interesting Horsemen from that run of the series.
Thanks Keelhaul..I agree with you - Jeb Lee stood out as a unique Horseman..he was something different.

Thanks GregT :)

Great job on the bash, dio and presentation!
The decaying grass/plant is really a nice touch!
Great custom! The rotten grass is a fine detail to show his supernatural background!
Thank you rollotomasi and HvT- there wasnt enough decay spreading outwards at the start of the build, I had to go back in and expand the ring using an airbrush to avoid too much overspray !

fantastic work, and I love the way it has been done with the comic book style over the top. Brilliant, just brilliant
thank you so much lurpdog :)

Truly brilliant! Creepy. :thumb
thanks Stryker..the dude's kinda creepy so we both agree on that !

Nicely done! Might have to pick up that comic if I can, because that looks pretty awesome too.
But I don't get one thing: the comic page you showed depicted him as a confederate spy in union uniform; your figure is a... union spy in confederate uniform?
Thanks Warge, grab the book if you can..it was an awesome read !
I had to change the story somewhat as I only had a confederate uniform hence the 'creative adjustments' I made with the original story. :bag

Excelent work!
Thanks Viper ! :)

·
1/6th Western Collector
1,188 Posts
Eerie piece of work but extremely well done. The dying grass is very imaginative and well executed. Nice work on the zombie like figure. Overall, it is a great diorama

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.