One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Humvee Madman
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to doodle around with some paint and stuff. I hope you like it.

Thanks for lookin'

Dan

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Dan, you knocked the "toy" right out of it. Like a lot of Hasbro's stuff, it really shines with a proper re-do. Unfortunately, it's too realistic, and must be....*koff*...er....um.....confiscated. Yes, that's it.

·
Humvee Madman
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm super pleased you guys like the Javelin. Don't know where I'll use the beastie but it was fun to do, and big--- I'd hate to have to lug that sucker around. I just got a Hasbro M252 mortar to play with and I'm happy like a pig in muck :banana

mgbb -- The basic paint is Tamiya airbrushed with a Paasche double action setup. Lots of countershading and such like, much like I'd paint a scale aircraft. Then oils to add strong shadows and highlights and some final drybrushing with lighter colours. I usually go too far and end up a bit harsh but this time it came out okay. I guess practice does help. I spent ages masking off the different colours but it was worth it in the end. It stupid but I'm happiest that I didn't rush each stage and actually let the paint dry off fully before charging ahead and risk ruining the paint by masking over still tacky undercoats.

PD- You're not wrong about just how good some of this Hasbro gear is. The Javelin and the mortar are top bits of gear. I'm thinking of looking about for the Gustav that I think Hasbro put out. As for confiscation...(Ta' ,but The last thing I need is to have to explain to or Federal Police that it's just a toy.) Maybe I should add a bright red plastic end bit?

A big heartfelt thank you to everyone for their comments, they keep this crazy old fool on an even keel in this mad, bad world.

Dan

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Hiya, Scanman Dan!

Sweet lookin' paint apps, especially the weathering. Keep up the impressive work. Look forward to seeing your M252.

Russ
Proud son of Rose and Wes

·
Registered
808 Posts
That is a great repaint. I certainly agree Hasbro does have some real gems hidden in their line.
Jon

1 - 20 of 22 Posts