One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally found some time to work on figures. I wanted to practice my blonde hair painting technique as I find that hair colour very hard to capture.

Both of these happen to be Feng headsculpts released commercially with terrible paint jobs. I stripped the paint off and repainted with Liquitex acrylics (truly loads better than the cheap craft paints - Try them). Feng's sculpts can border on caricature, but to me that just gives them more character and feel than other more accurate but conservative portraits.

First up is Daniel Craig as James Bond in Quantum Of Solace.

Second is Leonardo DiCaprio as Danny Archer in Blood Diamond. The headsculpt is from the Toymaster War Journalist set. The eyes are moveable and I almost destroyed them painting, stripping and repainting them 4 times (seriously). In the end, the eye paint ended up looking almost the same as the factory eye paint. :doh

He still needs weathering and a weapon upgrade courtesy of Subway's 24 Hero set (can't wait for that fig).

Thanks for looking!

·
fortuna favet fortibus
2,310 Posts
Re: Weekend paint'n'bash - Quantum of Solace Bond & Blood Diamond Danny Archer

Amazing work on both... I love it especially the Leo repaint

·
Registered
75 Posts
hi!
amazing work! , can you please tell me where you got that head , and body , and suit? , lol I want the complete recipe and where can I buy them! , thanks!

·
Registered
681 Posts
I also have this TTL Gespapo :) made it as James Bodn of course :)
Great work!

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Blonde hair is incredibly hard to replicate, but I think you have done a fine job. I do think however it seems DiCaprio's hair has a slight green tint?

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nengis, berndm01, Warge, MercTailor, Leo -- Thanks for the kind words, fellas!

Warge - Yep, good eye. Photoshop exaggerated the green in DiCaprio's hair a bit, but it's definitely there. I think I used too much yellow ochre and it got mixed with the sienna base before it dried. May have to touch that up when I finish the weathering on the fig.

MercTailor - Here's the breakdown on Bond. The parts are hard to find now I'm afraid. You'll have to search the dreaded Ebay for them.

BOND:
Head - TTL Gestapo
Body - TTL with ACE hands
Suit - TTL Gestapo (shirt, tie, pocket fold are random parts bin pieces)
Shoes - TTL asian suit set (much nicer sculpt than the Gestapo's shoes!)
UMP-9 - Ebay no-name gun. I removed the rails & extra bits, added a 9mm banana magazine, and weathered the whole thing.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Very nice paint work.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DoubleDare, Dadrab, Mike - Thanks, guys!

DoubleDare - Yes, the TTL suit is really nice but be sure you are buying the one from the Gestapo set. TTL also offer a black suit in their accessory set series, but it has a different cut and is made with silkier material. It just doesn't look as good imo.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Joecrazy, Murray - Thank you!!

Murray - Yeah, it was one of TTL's nicer early sets. Not too fancy, but all of the parts were solid. Good luck with your search!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts