One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
TOYMONGER
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about a month ago, I started looking for a Dragon figure that I think may actually not exist.

what I remember is, way back in the day, that when Dragon released their JACKIE CHAN DRAGON LORD figure or possibly the MY STORY figure ;
Cyber-Hobby had a version that came with a 1/6 chinese lion costume, like the ones they use for the chinese new year.

I can not find a picture or anything in writing about it.I don't see it listed here-

http://www.btinternet.com/~d.dashwood/david.affs/dragon_body_table_continued.htm

I even tried the internet way-back machine .

( I never recieved the HALO SET I ordered. LOL)

did such a figure ever get released? or am I crazy? did it fall into the black hole with the humvee and Grace Mack?

confirmation of the existence, or non-existence of such a figure would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi, i'm not sure if you're pertaining to this...

back in 2000 this was released by play along toys - but it's "Bruce Lee"

Bruce Lee The Dragon 12" Doll Series : The Legend

Hope this helps...

·
Top Shelf & to the Front
868 Posts
Found this Magazine in my garage yesterday. DML Action Figure 2000.

It has these pics of Jackie.

It listed quite a few other Cyber-Hobby releases, but no Dragon costume.
So, I really have no clue if it was release or not. Sorry

David

·
costoMISER
9,480 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
I think what you are referring to IS the DML Dragon Lord Jackie Chan from the Drunken Master movie. Heroes club which sells under various ID's on ebay sold the figure with a 1/6 scale Lion dancer costume. You can actually find these at import stores or in your local Chinatown.

See here -sorry don't know how to post images:

http://artoftoy.stores.yahoo.net/lihe16scchli.html

·
Registered
324 Posts
Not a problem. You know I do remember seeing one of those lion costumes at a local store, but that may have been a year ago. Will let you know if I find it. Have a great weekend!!
:jump4joy

·
Registered
324 Posts
If I remember correctly that does look similar. Its hard to tell because they don't show the "body". If anyone's interested let me know and I can take a trip down to the store to see if they still carry them.

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
I saw 2 in a shop window yesterday, on the 1st floor of IN's Point, 530-544 Nathan Road, Kowoon, Hong Kong.

The shop was shut, so I didn't get the name. I took 2 pics, but it was with my phone camera, it was low light and the pics aren't worth posting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.