One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't seen any discussion on this lately, but Sideshow's Jack Burton / Big Trouble In Little China figure just went up for preorder at Sideshowtoy.com. Seems like it will be exclusive to their website in North America. It looks pretty nice, but the price is outrageous: $240. I hope they deliver on this one as I would absolutely not give them another chance if they screw it up at this price point.

big-trouble-in-little-china-jack-burton-sixth-scale-silo-100336.jpg big-trouble-in-little-china-jack-burton-sixth-scale-feature-100336-11.jpg big-trouble-in-little-china-jack-burton-sixth-scale-feature-100336-05.jpg big-trouble-in-little-china-jack-burton-sixth-scale-feature-100336-01.jpg

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
He looks good, and they didn't put the lipstick on him. At that price, I will just admire him from afar.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
I'd say they learned some lessons from Snake Plissken but not fully. A price that's $80 more than Plissken who was $159 in 2015 and came with more stuff -- I'd say that's a lesson they didn't learn. Big Trouble in Little Sideshow.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Brings back memories, but man they really go out of their way to alienate their dealer base. Customers as well with that price, but that may be due to it being a small production run.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
One of my favorites...I had a pair of those Bald Mountain Moccasins after seeing this film in the theatre!

But I just can't see that price. It's ruining the hobby

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,855 Posts
100% on the niche nostalgia, but undoubtedly overpriced for what is offered.

If it was $169.99 to $189.99 maybe, but not for the listed price.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The price is genuinely crazy. It's even worse when you compare it to Hot Toys' figures in the $240 range. As nice as this Burton figure looks, HT figures like Deadpool and Marty McFly blow this out of the water. Yet, I still preordered this without hesitation. My love of the film and a decent chunk of Sideshow credit made it a must buy. Damn you, nostalgia!!! (Also the appreciation that we may never get another BTiLC figure again, while we willl certainly get at least one more Deadpool)

·
Registered
143 Posts
One of my all-time favorite movies and characters from the Big Screen. Not sure if I'll buy or not, but what do you all think of the price of this model versu the Evil Dead Ash that came out? I think it was also $240. Maybe that's the new standard price point from Sideshow?

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
As good as the prototype looks, there's no way I'd pre-order. The only time I ever pre-ordered one of their figures, I was lucky enough to be there when the shipment came into the retailer. Had I not been able to pick the figure I would have ended up with one that was boss eyed!

CHEERS!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts