One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
See subject.

Over the years, discussions were had about “condition” for 1:6 items.

At its basic, it’s either “brand new” or “used” along with MIB/NRFB or “other” (opened, etc.).

Over the years, sellers out of desperation, greed, ignorance, indifference, or just plain stupidity have provided inaccurate conditions for 1:6 items sold.

Of course, there are those who believe condition is irrelevant. It does when it to the buyers.

I noticed on eBay a family is listing a plethora of 1:6 offerings where the pictures and descriptions clearly show the items are not new, but the specified condition is “brand new”. The items are loose in a plastic bag and placed back into the original damaged/opened packaging. How is this supposed to be “brand new”?

Cuisine Packing materials Dish Food Plastic wrap

Sky Font Technology Signage Darkness

Just an observation. No more. No less.

I despise such dishonesty and / or ignorance.

·
Respect, Honour, Courage
2,927 Posts
Oh wow. Theres no hiding that one is there! That’s pretty bad. I agree too. Things should be listed accurately. I know a lot of sellers who part stuff on eBay list it as used but then underneath write it is new out of package but listed as used…which is fair

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,118 Posts
Oh wow. Theres no hiding that one is there! That’s pretty bad. I agree too. Things should be listed accurately. I know a lot of sellers who part stuff on eBay list it as used but then underneath write it is new out of package but listed as used…which is fair
There is something about a loose part being listed as new, which is straight out of the box, like many parted out new figures, that Ebay snags. The parts are new, but because they have been removed from the original packaging, they are automatically flagged as used, and I think it has to do with some key words used in listings which gets the Ebay AI saying you can't list loose parts as new. It has happened to me a few times. So I call them all used, and then describe the item as per the actual condition.

Anything more, like the example above, is pretty much a fraudulent listing in the description. And depending on how bad it is, it's almost worth sending Ebay a memo to have the ad pulled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts