One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Running from explosions
2,315 Posts
Yes. There has been times I was supposed to hang out with friends and I got a box in the mail that day. I'd tell them something came up with my son. The only person besides my son who knows is my mom, who only knows because I had boxes sent to her house while I lived in an apartment. I sometimes make reference to working on "models" to some people I work with.

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
Nope, no secret here. I am a member of another forum that is comprised of past/present Cav Scouts, and they all seem to get a kick out the work that I show there. The last tour I did in Germany, I had some fig's in the window overlooking the street , and it lead to a couple good German friends after they worked up the courage to address me about them. One was younger, and became a 1/6 recruit. He most certainly hated it when I returned to the states, as I would have his stuff sent to my APO to cut down on shipping costs and BS. One was a WW2 vet with the Gross Deutschland, and became like a Grandad to my kids while there. Many a good nights drinking, and boy , could he still pour them down, uggghhhh.

Of course, they have been known as unsettling to some of the female variety that I have had visit. One thinks they are cool, but gives me good natured ribbing about then, and another stopped in the middle of things and said " omg, they are staring at me, I can't do this here !! ", bwahahahahahahahaha :rolling :rolling :rolling

·
Action Fuger!
3,186 Posts
No. Quite a few people know I collect 1/6 figures. I don't talk a lot about it though, but that's because I figure most people really aren't that interested in the hobbies of others. You go a little too far and people's eyes start to glaze over....

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Nope, got a room full of them on display, i show them proudly to anyone who even walks into the house. I have a display case in my office at work, just so i can rotate two figures through my office, and have something for the guys to see and ask about.

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
533 Posts
well mine i guess is cause if someone dont ask i aint gonna just tell em but for those that ask or see me on osw in school i dont mind telling them cuase people know better than to judge me hehe

·
1:6 puppy
985 Posts
i neither advertise nor hide.if someone has a problem with it...then they have the problem. if anyone busts wise...tell them you are perfectly comfortable with your masculinity and they can always knock back a few and drive their car into a tree if they need to assert theirs.rugby?..skydiving? wrestling sharks? oh please...that is soo weak. real men play with toys.(i apologize to any female OSWers out there..but i think only men catch heat over this)(do any of you ladies get the hairy eyeball over this hobby?)

·
Registered
399 Posts
I advertise Peril Unlimited and all my co-workers know what I do... and the debate about whether they are "action figures" or "dolls" lasted months across three diffrent shifts. In fact the debate would undoubtedly still continue if Websters Dictionary hadn't "settled" the debate.

·
Proactive Procrastinator
1,330 Posts
Lazerbeak said:
I advertise Peril Unlimited and all my co-workers know what I do... and the debate about whether they are "action figures" or "dolls" lasted months across three diffrent shifts. In fact the debate would undoubtedly still continue if Websters Dictionary hadn't "settled" the debate.
Oh, man don't leave us hanging!!! How did Websters answer the debate - or am I gunna have to get off my lazy keester and check for myself?!!

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.