One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Biohazardous
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goal is to make Kenneth from Resident Evil 1 remake video game.

was thinking of using this head but is there a better one out there ? and or if itll be better to have someone sculpt me a head who and how much? thank you

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Don't know of any others, but gotta say that the headsculpt on that body is pretty darn close. The melon on the figure is a little more pronounced than the animated one, but other than that think you got it.

Looking forward to seeing your finished figure.

·
Biohazardous
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya the kp is the one I think , just need to some how file that dome of his down. and connect the mustache, but also is there any sculptors that anyone here delt with ? I don't wanna spend and arm and a leg but , I still want it to be good

·
Biohazardous
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh ok thanks, dragon might not be the same scale compared to hot toys and the new stuff they seem smaller now, heads and body.

·
Looky Loo
1,050 Posts
oh ok thanks, dragon might not be the same scale compared to hot toys and the new stuff they seem smaller now, heads and body.
The Flip figure is a few years old. It has a descent sized sculpt. Here's a pic of what he looks like in Nam gear.

Attachments

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,918 Posts
Seriously speaking . . .

If you're really going to be anal (i.e. precise, no compromise, very exacting, etc.) on the appearance/look/specifications of the head sculpt you "want" and can't find or don't care for what is readily available and consider the "custom" route, then be prepared to spend $ on getting a OOAK custom head sculpt from a reliable & proven sculptor. In other words, don't have any illusion of spending let alone thinking it'll cost less than $100.00 USD because it will not. This is not counting the accessories and outfit which you already allocated for or that too is TBD.

If you're already aware of it, then great. If not, then at least you know what you're getting yourself into and avoid any naive misconceptions/thoughts of the reality of what you're wanting to accomplish unless $ is no object.

I'm not bursting your bubble, but I and others see such endeavors from time to time with varying results.

Good luck.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,918 Posts
The Flip figure is a few years old. It has a descent sized sculpt. Here's a pic of what he looks like in Nam gear.
--

Are you sure that is DML "Flip"?

DML "Flip" resembled the actor Laurence Fishburne.

The picture posted looks like DML "Curtis".

BBI also did a "Laurence Fishburne" head sculpt, but it's not as dark as DML "Flip". It was the BBI "Bobcat" figure. IIRC, he was a USAF CCT figure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BBI-1-6-USS...6066?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item417acea062

·
Looky Loo
1,050 Posts
--

Are you sure that is DML "Flip"?

DML "Flip" resembled the actor Laurence Fishburne.

The picture posted looks like DML "Curtis".

BBI also did a "Laurence Fishburne" head sculpt, but it's not as dark as DML "Flip". It was the BBI "Bobcat" figure. IIRC, he was a USAF CCT figure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BBI-1-6-USS...6066?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item417acea062
Curtis or Flip, either way they are viable options. I posted a link in post #5 to a pic of a Flip figure that another member has for sale. Looks like Snipes to me. Just trying to give options other than shaving a sculpt to get rid of a bump.

·
Biohazardous
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh ya cool , oh ya I understand deltaforcechung, I'm not new to the game lol. Do you know any sculptors that will do something like this and that are good ? I guess modding the head to look more like him or a custom might be my best bet.

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
I have the perfect head for you, it might take a bit of looking around eBay but it was an older one done when BBI was going strong. It was an aftermarket head but looks just like the man in your picture. (to me it does)...

hope this helps..

If you get really disparate PM me...

·
Biohazardous
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
k thanks , I think I might have the head. the only thing is that head looks cheap compared to hot toys stuff, and my goal would be to add him to the hot toys figures.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts