One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I bought an item from an eBay seller - scstore 999, and normally they are very good. But this item was the french RAID figure that I won at much lower at RRP - seemed a bit risky but my other (mostly buy it now purchases) were good. They normally cancel auctions that don't reach RRP.

In any case, the RAID figure has been released, even in the USA for many months now. But I haven't gotten mine. I have contacted them many times about this and they said their factory hasn't given it to them yet, that they release it in batches. I can't cancel the purchase and Paypal won't refund, as when I won the auction, it was mid-2018 and it's been too long. Are they telling the truth or should I just give up on this?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Oh, goodness, that does seem like a rather long time. I've noticed that this seller sometimes is a bit slower than others when it comes to shipping, but I've never not received something at all from them.

I have, however, had some very bad experiences with pre-ordering items on ebay [from other sellers]. It is not a good idea to preorder via ebay for the very reason you have noted -- after six months, you are no longer eligible for a full refund.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
QMX claims this is what is happening with their Star Trek line of figures— so anything is possible. And I know it’s happened with Sideshow and even Hot Toys before.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,855 Posts
BLUNT ANSWER

BULL$%^&!

Get your $ back ASAP and buy it elsewhere.

If you believe otherwise, then go ahead and learn the hard way.

Be wary of what QMx claims/says. They got issues they don't want to admit/discuss.

·
12,855 Posts
QMX claims this is what is happening with their Star Trek line of figures- so anything is possible. And I know it's happened with Sideshow and even Hot Toys before.
--

I'd be wary of what you choose to believe concerning them.

·
Brit Basher
2,509 Posts
The reality is, eBay is absolutely safe as a buyer assuming you know how it works. You will always get your money back if you don't get your item. Always. eBay priotisies buyers over sellers every time - something I've experienced as seller.

The only issue is, as someone mentioned, I believe there is a 6 month window on utilising this absolute money back guarantee. In which case, if you're going to pre-order, you need to be aware of it and ensure you don't run out of time. Even if the vender appears genuine and honest, if the window is about to expire then just claim and get your money back. Its far safer.

scstore999 is a name I see on eBay a lot so I think you will eventually get the product. They seem established. But if you do end up getting stung, just put it down to experience and know for the next time.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Hey everyone, I bought an item from an eBay seller - scstore 999, and normally they are very good. But this item was the french RAID figure that I won at much lower at RRP - seemed a bit risky but my other (mostly buy it now purchases) were good. They normally cancel auctions that don't reach RRP.

In any case, the RAID figure has been released, even in the USA for many months now. But I haven't gotten mine. I have contacted them many times about this and they said their factory hasn't given it to them yet, that they release it in batches. I can't cancel the purchase and Paypal won't refund, as when I won the auction, it was mid-2018 and it's been too long. Are they telling the truth or should I just give up on this?
That is the case for some figures, notably very, very few of them in the military space. Typically the delays vary for international based retailers as they usually depend on either their distributor consolidating multiple releases to lower sea shipping costs or the retailer doing that themselves. When there is a rare delay (like with the recent Soldier Story release) stock is prioritized for sellers in China. For this particular one there were no delays and everyone has received stock. They are flat out lying to you. Open a paypal dispute then call in and inform them that the retailer is violating their policy on preorders.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you very much guys! I tried to open a dispute but Paypal shut it down due to it being too long ago. I'll try again but I'm a bit disheartened. Thank you for all your kind help.

·
Registered
158 Posts
No problem! I hope you can get some kind of resolution. I think at this point you should actually call ebay customer service and explain the situation.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good idea to call. My tickets were closed pretty soon after I opened them so I thought that was the end of the road but calling is something I didn't think of.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Call both and inform them that the seller is violating the terms and conditions of both parties with respect to preorders.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I sent a strongly worded letter to SC store 999 threatening to call eBay and PayPal and they gave me an immediate refund! Woo! Thank you guys I nearly gave up on the money and the product.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Oh wow, glad to hear you got your money back! That's a relief!

·
12,855 Posts
I sent a strongly worded letter to SC store 999 threatening to call eBay and PayPal and they gave me an immediate refund! Woo! Thank you guys I nearly gave up on the money and the product.
--

You already likely know this, but . . .

LEARN from this and don't make the same error in judgment again.

Hopefully, you will not. If you do it, then nothing like the experience of a hard lesson and money lost.

You lucked out this time.

·
12,855 Posts
WHAT SHOULD WE LEARN FROM THIS?

Don't pre-order from eBay . . . period.

Don't care for the preceding?

Then go ahead be naive and lose your $ when it goes South. PayPal / eBay will not always protect you.

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,785 Posts
glad to hear this got resolved...i dont preorder much, and if i did...i definitely wouldn't use eBay, or Chinese/Asian sellers. it's just too risky. anyway, i am surprised about how long it took. seems like some form of trying to cheat you because they wanted more money for the item.

·
Unifetish
122 Posts
So glad you got your money back! I am scared to order anything from anywhere as a pre-order. I really hate the fact that the very best figures are marketed many months in advance of release and they want your money. I just don’t do it. Not with anyone.

Thanks for the reminder. Not worth the stress and headaches.

·
12,855 Posts
So glad you got your money back! I am scared to order anything from anywhere as a pre-order. I really hate the fact that the very best figures are marketed many months in advance of release and they want your money. I just don't do it. Not with anyone.

Thanks for the reminder. Not worth the stress and headaches.
--

FOR <CENSORED> SAKE!

You don't have/need to take an absolute screw all position on pre-orders.

Avoid pre-orders on eBay and go with pre-orders (on figures you really want) from proven and reputable vendors of which there are a few known and respected within the hobby or just wait until they're released and run the risk of it selling out if it's a limited run or very popular.

SHEESH . . .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts