One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
I just went through my 1/6 bookmarks for the first time in a long while, and seemed 3/4 of the sellers were gone.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
State of the hobby now. A lot of the old vendors have pack it up and call it quits. Even Patches of Pride close their doors. But there are a few still left; Echo Base Toys, War Toys, Store on 44, Monkey Depot. Then there is Black Ops Toys, Timewalker Toys, Toy Anxiety, Elite Brigade with the doors still open.

·
Respect, Honour, Courage
2,879 Posts
State of the hobby now. A lot of the old vendors have pack it up and call it quits. Even Patches of Pride close their doors. But there are a few still left; Echo Base Toys, War Toys, Store on 44, Monkey Depot. Then there is Black Ops Toys, Timewalker Toys, Toy Anxiety, Elite Brigade with the doors still open.
Patches of Pride have closed their doors?? Damn.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Patches of Pride have closed their doors?? Damn.
Yep back towards the end of last year he called it quits. That only leaves One Sixth Scale King (OSSK) buy they're hit and miss with getting orders fulfilled. Trying my own hand at making custom patches for my projects with mix results at the moment.

·
i draw pictures.....
2,041 Posts
GSTO closed long ago dude. over a decade ago. They retired and moved to Arizona. I was close to them as they always bought my orders up to New York City whenever they came up to the northeast. Lovely couple...Funny thing is I forgot their names as it was so, so long ago...

·
Registered
985 Posts
It's no wonder a lot of people have lost interest. I was shocked when I came back and realized mil figs had gone up a whole $100, in what? 6 years? They were mostly $130 when I stopped.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I've seen numerous loose parts sell for more than complete figures were selling for. I'm afraid the days of "squad building" are long behind me.

·
One Sixth Junkie
6,294 Posts
GSTO closed long ago dude. over a decade ago. They retired and moved to Arizona. I was close to them as they always bought my orders up to New York City whenever they came up to the northeast. Lovely couple...Funny thing is I forgot their names as it was so, so long ago...
Yeah, I was about to say the same thing. I thought they went out of business over 10 years ago too. Very nice. Always delivered my order, and I am in Korea.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,855 Posts
Many 1:6 vendors from back in the day are long gone.

That is the reality.

What few that remains are surviving and barely at times due to the proliferation of cut throat sellers and buyers as well as buyers buying direct from multitudes of sellers in Asia.

We as collectors are our own worst enemies and we're hypocrites and ignorant about it.

That's the blunt, crass, hard, and unpleasant truth.

Reactions: Davinator65

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
This is true. Also, it doesn’t help that a-hole Distributors (ahem, Sideshow) heavily restrict product to other retailers so as to boost their own sales (they do this specifically with all Hot Toys, which is why so many of the really popular items sell out in a matter of minutes) — this is seriously cutting into profits for these smaller sellers since (like it or not) Hot Toys are the majority area of profit right now, and is really hurting these guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts