One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Zen figure master
1,204 Posts
Very nice Republican Guard - I particularly like the repainted and modded headsculpt and helmet detailing / weathering

·
Customizer
2,232 Posts
Very well done !! Really good work on the HS and helmet !

·
Loser 6
618 Posts
Wow, fantastic figure here and a subject that I don't think I have seen done before. Great work, you knocked this one out of the park. Great work all the way around, from top to bottom. I really like the work done to the helmet and a great job on the head sculpt. I had a difficult time figuring it out which one it was. You did wonders with it!

Thanks for posting this gem, not one you see everyday! I have to ask, what was the inspiration? I am very impressed......Jim

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, fantastic figure here and a subject that I don't think I have seen done before. Great work, you knocked this one out of the park. Great work all the way around, from top to bottom. I really like the work done to the helmet and a great job on the head sculpt. I had a difficult time figuring it out which one it was. You did wonders with it!

Thanks for posting this gem, not one you see everyday! I have to ask, what was the inspiration? I am very impressed......Jim
Thanks!
Initially I was inspired by the Volstad "A1" artwork from the color plates of the Osprey book "Armies of The Gulf War" but after some research I found out that the kind of helmet (M80) and uniform I used on my figure was very common with the Republican Guard on the Gulf War.

·
NEMESIS
48 Posts
That's a very fine job!!! Soon I'll add my own VERY SIMILAR - TO YOURS - creation by the title "The last soldier". With the exception of being in U.S. style woodland uniform, sitting down, and bearing CHI-KOM chest rig and Romanian made AK47, EVERYBODY WILL HAVE THE IMPRESSION THAT HE IS THE CONTINUATION OF THIS ONE HERE!!! You just wait and see!!! Until then however.....WELL DONE MY FRIEND....WELL DONE!!!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Excellent job! Love Volstad's work, and you've rendered a fine representation. 'Ol Geordie pulls off an Iraqi quite nicely.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Very well done!!! Just like I remember them except for the missing bullet holes in the shirts.

The plastic liner was quite popular. I gave a duffelbag full to the spare parts NCOIC of the support co supporting my unit (3-5 Cav) after the cease fire. By the time they got to the front line us grunts had it picked clean. He was quite thanful and I never had a spare parts problem.

Didn't see as many liners among the Tawalkana. I "liberated" some steel helmets, berets, bayonet and web gear I have to this day. Contrary to popular belief the Iraqis fought (at least in our sector).

My BN led the 3rd Armored Div on the right flank and fought through the Tawalkana. Our first engagement with the Tawalkana (26 Feb) was with a BN of the 9th Iraqi Armored Brigade which the BN engaged for about 12 hours (two infantry, one tank company on line SMOKING the Iraqi position) and had one of only two "copperhead" engagements of the conflict. I also watched a Bradley from the left flank BN (4-32 AR) get hit. We later found out it was friendly fire but at the time thought it was an Iraqi T72 that was manuevering with supporting infantry. That event got our BN FIRED UP (if you know what I mean). 4-7 Cav off to our right ran into an Iraqi position and had nine bradleys damaged along with destroyed Bradley by friendly fire.

The following day was a blur but I remember going through two more Iraqi units of the Tawalkana. One was a support unit. That evening was constant contact and movement. Believe we engaged elements of the Iraqi 52nd, 17th and 10th Armored Divisions. I was told we fought the Medina but I don't think so because that would have been very early in the 28th and I think they had withdrawn back into Iraq by then.

Really enjoyed your work. Took me back in time and is very inspiring.

Attached some pictures that were taken from my vehicle.

1st - Tawalkana troops surrendering morning of 27 Feb
2nd - Cobra firing Tow missile at Iraqi tank afternoon 27 Feb
3rd - Photo of Bradley driving past my track
4th - Photo of one of C Co 4-34 tanks attached to our BN. Note the black Knight on the front fender. 3-5 Cav was known as the Black Knights
5th - Picture of me and one of my BN LT's on top of a captured working BMP the day of the cease fire.
6th - Basic load removed from the BMP

Attachments

·
Mobilis in mobili
690 Posts
Awesome bash. I knew I forgot to do something with my spare DPMs.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts