One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
sucked back into 1/6
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if this is allowed or the right place but I'm looking for more information and pics on this particular humvee variant. it's usually in use by air force SP's i have a few pics from my dad who was a SP with the humvee in the background but nothing worth while for my project. any info on what variant it is or more pics would be very helpful.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
According to http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/m1116.htm

The M1116 Up-Armored HMMWV is used by the U.S. Air Force for Security Forces and Civil Engineering missions plus EOD and Base Recovery After Attack missions.

This armored light tactical wheeled vehicle system features gunner protection kit, traversing turret mechanism, expanded rear compartment and added underbody M67 grenade fragmentation protection.

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
I'm assuming (and I admit I didn't take the time to read all the literature) that the M82 mount is for an anti-material role, such as unexpended munitions detonation?

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Hiya, y'all!

Interesting HMMWV variant, but, boy howdy, that is one UGLY looking turret! What I recall reading about these (and seen mounted in the picture above) is the Barrett M82 variant used for detonating munitions.

Russ
Proud son of Rose and Wes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts