One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This was listed on eBay as "SOTW" but a search under "Soldiers Of The World" didn't turn up this body type. It looks like similar proportions to a Hasbro body but I'm concerned the waist is wider, which means Hasbro belts won't fit. Does anyone know what this body is or own one so I can get some measurements for comparison?

· God Bless America
1,507 Posts
It is absolutely a "Soldiers of the World" body. Trust me, I have QUITE a number.
One of the later ones, as it's "super articulated." They had about 3 different body types over the years, so it's understandable you didn't find it. They also had many, many different heads sculpts. Because of the gloved hands, I'd say it was a WWII figure.
Yes, it is larger than a Hasbro body.
The owner sold the company (Formative Int.) MANY years ago and the new owners just didn't want to make military figures. Their later stuff was VERY good, easily comparable to DML.

Over the 20+ years they were out they were sold at Target, K-Mart, Wal-Mart and KBToys.

· Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GregT is donating me one of these bodies. Hasbro bodies might be smaller but they often tailored their uniforms too baggy, so Boba Fett's suit might fit. It definitely feels like it could fit a body 1/4" taller at minimum with the empty space in the crotch area and the waist above the legs is 1 3/4" but the belt could fit a 2" waist. Slightly longer arms would be nice, the sleeves are too long for the stock arms. And the chest armor piece feels loos enough that there should be room for a bigger torso, plus broader shoulders would leave less of a gap between the arms and the shoulder armor.

The 21st Century Ultimate Soldier body looks almost too narrow to work well with the clothing.

· Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From the waist down Boba Fett's jumpsuit fits fine. The problems are that the chest, shoulders and forearms are too bulky HOWEVER I have a dremel tool coming tomorrow, I am going to attempt to grind down on those areas for a better fit. This will look like a mess but under the clothes I don't believe it will matter, and the plastic should be thick enough to grind enough down in the places needed.

· 1:6 enthusiast
2,092 Posts
I've had a few of those bodies and I can say that unfortunately the joints get very loose very quickly. They are some of the floppiest bodies that I've ever seen. Taking that into consideration, addressing the joint issues in some way might be something that you will want to do before putting too much work into the body.

· Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The neck and left shoulder were loose on arrival. I tried to gum them up with acrylic sealer but it didn't help. I was able to wrap some thread sealer around the neck to thicken it enough in socket, and with the shoulder I wrapped some thread around it, which worked inside the joint when I moved the lateral hinge.

Though I wonder if it might be less work to pop these bodies apart and swap the legs and arms to the Hasbro torso. The sliding waist joint probably won't be very useful with the armor and belts on.

· Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"Easier" being relative. This body was easy to crack open but the Hasbro body is built like a tank. After some tinkering I got the torso back together with the new arms in, they only just fit smoothly. The pelvis required a fair bit of filing to make the legs fit at the bottom. Lacking enough reliable space to glue it I had to drill screw holes

I still need to file down the arms, mount the wrist pegs and do some edge cleanup.

· Small-Time Artist
6 Posts
...The sliding waist joint probably won't be very useful with the armor and belts on.
That "sliding" waist joint bothers my sensibilities so much that I just moved their heads onto CC-Joe bodies. :loony

Joint Centered

Joint Slid to Figure's Right

Joint Slid to Figure's Left

Joint Slid Forward

Joint Slid Rearward​

Attachments

· Registered
7 Posts
I'll tell you, while the sliding waist joint looked terrible naked, it was surprisingly useful and effective when the figure was dressed.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I'm not really sure where to post this since I'm new and can't make my own threads, but I had a question about the Hot Toys Raiden elbow issue. It seems like a really widespread issue, but I also heard that the issue was only with the first run. Can anyone confirm this, or at least direct me to the right area to ask this question?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.