One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit up the two 12" Indiana Jones figures last week, and tonight I'm covering the two most folks are going to be interested in hearing more about - the German Soldier and the Cairo Swordsman. Why? Because with the release of other high quality Indys, lots of folks will be hoping for some bad guys to square off against them, at least until Medicom or Sideshow produce a few. Will either of these two fill the bill? One can, but the other one has too many issues to recommend him, even for the kids.

You can find the links to the reviews at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
That German is dreadful, never mind though, we've got plenty of DML to choose from when it comes to them! The swordsman is brilliant, if I can afford them I'll be taking home him and Indy later on today. Not guaranteeing anything mind, we'll have to see....

CHEERS!

·
Registered
115 Posts
The swordsman is great! I love the headsculpt, but the shiny skin is terrible. I would like to see what the sculpt looks like with the paint apps stripped off or at least with a shot of Dullcote.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
As always a very informative review. I'm probably one of the few that actually like that HS on the German, which I think Hasbro first introduced on their SA bodies (sometime near the end of the 12" run in 2005). But then again, it was a 12" Joe, and I expected them to stay faithful to their original formula of doing heroic faces that were neutral. I do have a beef with the skin tone, too, and I'm glad you brought that to our attention. In the photos his skin makes him look ... well ... dead.

Again, thanks!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Thanks for a great review, it confirms what I thought... I'll be getting a couple of Swordsmen and if I'm in need of a Nazi or 2 I have plenty of 21st C. and Dragon.

Thes are great TOYS, and with a little bit of work will make damn fine additions to collections.

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
Always look forward to your reviews Michael, enough info and pics to help out prospective buyers. Not 1/6, but am looking forward to your reviews of the Mattel movie masters dark knight figs.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Swordmans can be totally convert to ninjas.

Quoted from Michael: ''The Cairo Swordsman is a bit simpler, but not much, with a turban, robe, boots and sash.''

Did he have black pants? if so, i can throw in a Mononofu ninja sword, and sew some patches and call it ninja.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I just got the Swordsman, and anyone whose satisfaction with the figure depends on a repaint should consider that the head (on mine at least) is a slightly tacky, rubbery compound -- it's solid, and feels unlike the vinyl we're used to. (Also worth considering if anybody wants to swap the body, though the stock body's pretty good.)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not sure if Michel mentioned a couple of points.

Only one twist tie, the rest are thin little plastics bands that slip or cut off easily. The sword hilt was wrapped in plastic, I thought was a nice touch to avoid the paint of the hilt getting on the hands. I think I'll repaint his sword and replace his sash. Maybe add the bullet hole? For 20 bucks I'm very happy. Plus you get two snakes:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.