One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I was able to purchase this headsculpt for an excellent price, but I really don't know who it is supposed to be. The quality seems very good, I'm sure it looks like the actress it represents, but I'm clueless. I suppose at the end of the day it doesn't matter, as I will be using it generically, but I think some of you would understand the desire to know. Thanks in advance!

View attachment 378355
View attachment 378356

·
Banned
259 Posts
Well, my thought process goes like this: If you can't figure out who it is, then its not a good likeness. I've seen too many times where someone says "It's so and so" and the other person says "Ok, yea, I see it now"...if that's the case then the sculpt is not that good anyway...For example, there was a thread quite awhile back about a Mel Gibson headsculpt...people here were gushing over it...I looked at it and honestly, if the thread didn't mention his name, I would not have known who it was...my posts got deleted for being "argumentative" but I stand by what I said. Anyway, to take a guess...Amanda Heard? or maybe Imina Debacle?

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
G

·
This head had been around for a while now. Originally, I saw it listed on ebay as either Natalie Portman or Keira Knightley, though it doesn't look much like either. One auction had it as Emma Watson, but it doesn't look like her either. Most Chinese auctions seem to have it as a Pretty Lady headsculpt

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This head had been around for a while now. Originally, I saw it listed on ebay as either Natalie Portman or Keira Knightley, though it doesn't look much like either. One auction had it as Emma Watson, but it doesn't look like her either. Most Chinese auctions seem to have it as a Pretty Lady headsculpt
I've searched quite few actresss trying to locate her, you are correct,
Emma Watson, Natalie Portma and Keira Knightley all have facial differences that are deal breakers. Nicole Kidman is "Close" but only for a certain age in her past, and even then it misses. Amy Adams what a damn good possibility, but is still wrong in certain areas as is Elizabethh Olsen. The specific features that make her non- matches for the celebrities mentioned are the relatively pointed chin, curved nose bridge and upturned nostrils. Sufferings through an annoying mania the last few days, I have done a ton of early hour Googling. It appears the sculpt is from one of the Cx companies and not specifically intended to be anyone famous at all. I have the version with light brown hair, but she could also be had with red hair. I theorize she might have been intended for a low buck Black Widow figure, again keeping in mind that her facial structure is wrong there as wel.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Pontiacivan, your post is obsessing me! The face looks so familiar but I can't pin down who it is.

I'd say Amy Adams is about as close of a specific actress as I can think of, but still not quite her. I'm trying to think of actresses from sci-fi/fantasy/superhero franchises as these seem to be the most popular actresses to emulate, but I'm coming up blank.

I really dig the sculpt though! She's pretty, with realistic eyes and a distinctive profile. Do you know who makes this sculpt?

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pontiacivan, your post is obsessing me! The face looks so familiar but I can't pin down who it is.

I'd say Amy Adams is about as close of a specific actress as I can think of, but still not quite her. I'm trying to think of actresses from sci-fi/fantasy/superhero franchises as these seem to be the most popular actresses to emulate, but I'm coming up blank.I really dig the sculpt though! She's pretty, with realistic eyes and a distinctive profile. Do you know who makes this sculpt?
My research leads me to believe it was a sculpt from CY or CZ or one of the Cx brands and was not intended to be anyone specific. This could be incorrect, but it's what I found so far. It apparently came as a redhead as well and I have seen some bashed Black Widows using that version. If you want one, Google 1/6 European actress head and you will get listings of people selling them. I paid $15 shipped, which I felt was a steal.

I'm one of the very few people in the hobby that doesn't want a crowd of celebs on their shelves. In my book, if a sculpt isn't a dead- on likeness, that's a few points in its favor.
I agree. It's kind of why I wanted to know before I made a figure and posted it. Didn't want to hear " Great so and so sculpt"

·
Banned
259 Posts
I'm one of the very few people in the hobby that doesn't want a crowd of celebs on their shelves. In my book, if a sculpt isn't a dead- on likeness, that's a few points in its favor.
I agree with this in a roundabout way...I like to create my own figures/characters and its a lot easier to do with "generic head sculpts". If the sculpt looks like a "famous" person or character then all i hear is "Hey that's so and so!!" and I try to explain "No its (whoever I created)"...Id rather have a generic well made sculpt than a "famous" person sculpt....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts