One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I've been Minimoyzed
13,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As we all know, COVID-19 has caused a disruption to everything, including our hobby fun time. Shipping delays. Shipping bans. Etc....

I bought a set of loose bits back at the middle to end of March. The package was shipped right away, then appeared to stop, and no tracking information was available after that. As if it never even left the country of the seller. The package seemed to have disappeared. I waited and figured it was just typical shipping delays at this time. As the 2 month Ebay and Paypal ( I think Paypal is more like 3 months now, someone can correct me if I'm wrong) expiry time crept closer, I sent the seller a message, and we were able to come to an agreement about a refund, shipping information, and re-payment if the package did finally arrive. He got back to me quickly and found that the package had made it to Canada, but hadn't been updated on the Ebay tracking system, and was apparently stuck in customs(lots of that going on lately). The time expiry came and went, but we were both convinced it was going to arrive and kept messages going back and forth. The seller was still willing to make a refund at that time even though it had arrived in the destination country.

2.5 months later the package has landed safe and sound, with both the seller and buyer happy.

Keep those lines of communication open. Trying to be civil and working with your sellers/buyers is helpful all around. Truly a great experience even if the shipping time was too long.

And if you are interested, the seller on Ebay is commitmenteam. I've bought from him in the past, but this time he really went out of his way to help however he could. And was more than willing to offer a refund if this just went wrong.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Glad your item arrived finally! As someone who both buys *and* sells on ebay, what you say about communiction is really important. It means a lot to a seller if you message them first before just getting grumpy and opening a case. And yes, I have had positive experiences with that particular seller as well. : )

·
Graduated from Ninja Tech
3,424 Posts
glad everything went great

But having issues myself
since the last week of March, packages I been mailing to Europe have been arriving late up to 6 weeks and some still in transit.
Right now I'm in contact with a Spain buyer and the package was mailed in mid April,
package was stuck in the San Fran for about 4 weeks, then went to Frankfurt in mid May, after that no more updates
But we both have hope package will show up.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
13,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Glad your item arrived finally! As someone who both buys *and* sells on ebay, what you say about communiction is really important. It means a lot to a seller if you message them first before just getting grumpy and opening a case. And yes, I have had positive experiences with that particular seller as well. : )
I find it's usually buyers that instigate the problems. as a buyer if you approach the seller with a solution, and a willingness to work with them, most of them are quite willing to come to a mutually beneficial arrangement. :thumb

Yeah, I've ordered from him/them many times over the years with no issue.
He was really amazing this time. :thumb

glad everything went great

But having issues myself
since the last week of March, packages I been mailing to Europe have been arriving late up to 6 weeks and some still in transit.
Right now I'm in contact with a Spain buyer and the package was mailed in mid April,
package was stuck in the San Fran for about 4 weeks, then went to Frankfurt in mid May, after that no more updates
But we both have hope package will show up.
Shipping delays are really the big sticking point right now. Everyone is delayed and overworked. I'm wondering if international mail is being made to sit for extended periods in the hopes that any possible packages contaminated with the viruses, will have the viruses die off before being handled again, and then moved on.

I hope your transactions work out for you. This seller used another site that followed the tracking more closely. I can try and find the link if you want it. The Chinese system and Ebay had it stopped in Shanghai, when in reality by the time I started asking about it, it was probably already in Canada, and had been parked for a while. It still took 2.5 weeks from the time we found out it was in Canada. That's usually a 4 day time from the international sorting depot it landed at, to my doorstep.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I've had a parcel stuck somewhere between the LA sorting office and the UK international parcels depot from the 8th April until 6th June. I'd given up on it until it arrived this morning. USPS are shipping everything international by sea, I haven't a clue how things are coming into the UK from the Far East... Whatever it is the Royal Mail have been fantastic here.

·
Unifetish
122 Posts
2 sellers I am friends with one in Spain and one in Italy has not been able to ship anything out of their countries for months. Since they both ship world wide, hundreds of items will hopefully be going out soon. Each country (including the USA) has its own rules about when and how it will accept outside shipments.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts