One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Divine Intervention!
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I haven't been posting here for ages upon ages upon ages.
Noticed less posting of kitbashes / customs in this forum these days.
Here is one I've done quite a few years back - out of a wimp. Not much of a kitbash anyway since it is 95% BBi and headsculpt from DiD (asian headsculpt set bought years and years and years ago lol!!)

My humble effort (or the lack of) :

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Effective use of classic stuff, well done, Kenny.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Very nice, and of a rare subject too!

Thanx for posting this!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Great bash!:bravo

The 3R headsculpt fits the character perfectly.
Also nice choice using the awesome BBI Imperial Army Officer materials, that set remains unmatched in 2017.
(Hello, Alert Line:wink)

·
WWII Guy
1,418 Posts
It's a very nice figure and just because the parts are old doesn't mean they are not good.

Cya
Hankster

·
Divine Intervention!
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A really nice figure but you have mis-understood the sword belt. It's an either/or deal with the leather belt and the sword belt and both go around the waist. If you want to use both I'd have put the sword belt around the top of the trousers and under the tunic. The sword should be on the left hip so can be drawn, with the right hand, across the body but also because, in a phalanx, you always fight for the man on your left. Typically if you couldn't fight with your right hand then you couldn't fight. I believe I read somewhere that Samurai actively discouraged/disallowed left-handed swordsmen but I'm open to correction on that if someone has any solid intel
Yeah I ever heard about the samurai thing that is very specific on the right and the left side. Thanks for the info much appreciated!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts