One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm new here. I just bought my first hot toys... you guessed it, the joker DX01! :D I think I overpaid (cost me $400!) but it's so cool I HAD to have it!
Anyways, I have few newbie questions I want to ask:

1) It looks like P.E.R.S on my Joker is not working right. First off, the stick is so hard to move, I'm afraid I'll break the stick or screw up the eyes. And when I do move the stick around, the eyes only move from top to top right to right to lower right! I can't move the eyes top left, left, lower left, and make the eyes look straight! Is that normal? What's the "trick" to move around the eyes more smoothly?

2) Um, how can I change hands? Do I just pull em off and put the new ones in?

ps: and can you post pics of your joker (just out of curiosity)

thank you!

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Welcome Aboard Coldtoys!

Joker is definitely one of the cool figures I wish I'd picked up on.
He'd be the odd man out in my collection though lol [I mainly collect military figures]

I can't answer your PERS question but for the hands, yeah a gentle tug should pull his hand on out. You can swap it freely with most other hot toys hands. A few other brands as well that use the HT peg.

Heheh if you still have money to burn, here's a batman begins Batman, [not the dark knight like Joker but its bats!] http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901489&ref=alertbar_ppo

·
Companion
1,004 Posts
Well welcome Coldtoys to OSW, I don't really own the DX Joker but as for the hands you could just pull em off but if your having difficulty removing them, the recomended way is hot water or blowdryer. Really depends who you hear it from though. Sure someone will be better help to you then me.

EDIT: Saiko got it

·
Registered
526 Posts
here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure :)

REVIEW 1: Hot Toys MMS DX01 The Joker Collectible Figure box
Review II: Hot Toys MMS DX01 The Joker as cop
REVIEW III: Hot Toys MMS DX01 The Joker as cop close-ups
REVIEW IV: Hot Toys MMS DX01 Joker with P.A.R.S.
REVIEW V: Hot Toys MMS DX01 The Joker with grenades
Comparing HT DX01 Joker and HT 1st version Joker (pictures)

hope that helps with your curiosity
CHEERS

·
Go Packers
133 Posts
Welcome Coldtoys,:welcome

Like yourself my first purchased 1/6 scale figure was the DX Joker.
One of the first things I learned(the hard way) is in this hobby is you have to have alot of patience, everything is very tiny and it is very easy to break!!!

He is an excellent figure but, be very careful with the PERS.
I had mine for about a week and played with the eyes a little too much and broke the right eye. Before it happened the eyes were also doing the same thing you mentioned, getting stuck in certain positions luckily I got a hold of Hot Toys and they were able to fix the head, even though I got him used on ebay I just had to show a receipt.
Got the head back and a couple of movements later a few days actually it broke again but Hot Toys would only do one fix.
I just opened the head up and now move the eyes individualy which I can deal with.

I would try using a hair dryer for a few minutes before you move the eyes or just go easy when you feel them start to stick, also try not to move the eyes to far away from center as I think this is what caused mine to break! There should be a manual on the PERS with the figure.

I don't think I am an expert by any means but I hope this helps a little.

Just use patience and enjoy! Also be careful this hobby is ADDICTIVE!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for welcoming me and for your responses! Yes! I'm getting addicted to 'action figure collecting' thing. I find myself searching for "hot toys" on ebay like every day! :dizzy

ToomanyToyz: Thanks for tip on PERS. How much did Hot Toys charge you to fix?

·
Go Packers
133 Posts
It was free, all I had to do was pay to ship the head to them but that was six months ago and I think there is a time limit on repairs for products they release. I could be wrong though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts