One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI: I just found out from another forum recently that the IKEA Detolf glass cabinets will no longer be produced as of January 1st of this year.
They are discontinuing production of this cabinet which I think is a shame. The Ikea store in my area (Sacramento) had some remaining stock today
and saw some folks hoarding them! Lucky for me I was able to grab 2 sets just in time!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yeah, but with Ikea, it's not so much discontinued forever as it is "evolved" into the next slightly different thing.

The products they make have a limited shelf-life, in the sense that they last a few years and then are discontinued. It means that Ikea can always offer some new and updated as times goes on.

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Shelf units with shelf life......i like it! :lol

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
From another forum:

They are still called Detolf, but they now come in TWO boxes, to spread the weight, and they have a totally new serial number, which is why it's showing up everywhere as discontinued. Technically, the Detolf as it was before is gone.
But the NEW detolf is working it's way into stock everywhere.

Now if only they'd bring back the Bertby.

·
DO NOT READ THIS SENTENCE
2,235 Posts
That makes sense, they weigh far too much in one box.

·
Metal Gear Junkie
65 Posts
The thing is, the beech color is gone.
Can't find them at my local store and they're gone from the website.

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The thing is, the beech color is gone.
Can't find them at my local store and they're gone from the website.
One color - BLACK is the choice left unfortunately, but looking on the bright side
I'm hoping that IKEA will put these cabinets on sale at the end of this year like they did
for the 'white colored' Detolf blowout sale back in December 2009.
:wink

·
DO NOT READ THIS SENTENCE
2,235 Posts
I think the black one looks allot more 'professional' (for a lack of a better word), plus they match my black shelves :)

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
They usually add different color finishes yearly to their product lines as they refresh their "in" colors so you may yet see something new. For those in Canada Jysk caries a similar, lower priced product.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts