One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The original leather pouches of 3R are wrong in scale, they are too big, almost 1/5 scale and quality is poor, so I changed them all with BGT genuine leather ones. Then let's take a look at the diff btw brand new and used leather tools: the color diff is very obvious, so I washed them all with enamel paint diluted by thinner: Actually there are loads of pore on genuine leather, so wash liquid can penetrate thru them very easily, and you will find out that eventually it turns out fantastic looking:

Final effect, actually I did heavier weathering on soldier's gears than officer's:

For officer:

For soldier:

The uniform wise, I put them into fabric softener for half hour, then dress up when they are still very wet, the purpose is to wrinkle clothes more easily and fabric will shrink after dry out more or less, so it can fit nude body very well, especially for hat and helmet cover, definitely recommended!!!

Other than traditional method to weather clothes, I mean dry mud, acrylic paint, Tamiya weathering stick, I use water based marker pen to highlight all stitch line to add more layer to final effect:

Below are final pics of diorama, hope you guys can enjoy it, cheers!

They are exhausting and going to be defeated, but there is still some fire of militarism burning deeply inside their eyes:

I personally like this leather helmet liner very much:

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Well done and thanks for sharing the techniques you used to get them to this point. It is nice to see a couple of IJA troopers and so well done to boot.

Jeff (Geppetto):thumb

·
Registered
436 Posts
You dome some amazing work here. Especially on the leather items.
Great job!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Amazing weathering, I`ve just recieved the Major and his equipment is very clean

·
SPQR
837 Posts
Can't add much more praise to what the others have said.Stunning Figures and techniques to say the least.I love how you add the little details like the Cigarette smoke too.

·
Loser 6
617 Posts
Excellent work done here. Thank you for sharing your weathering technique. You've brought out some very life-like touches with your techniques.......Jim

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nicely done. Thanks for the "before" photos.
Excellent posing and weathering A+ :bravo:thumb:hifive
Great weathering and awesome Dio.
Excellent job. One of the best weathering and dioramas.
Powerful. I could imagine them saying, "I guess this is it. We die tomorrow". Great job all over.
Superb figures and amazing photos... great work! :bravo
David
Super, super work everything about them is perfect.
Thanks for the weathering tips -very helpful.
Excellent work done here. Thank you for sharing your weathering technique. You've brought out some very life-like touches with your techniques.......Jim
Can't add much more praise to what the others have said.Stunning Figures and techniques to say the least.I love how you add the little details like the Cigarette smoke too.
Amazing weathering, I`ve just recieved the Major and his equipment is very clean
You dome some amazing work here. Especially on the leather items.
Great job!
:bravo :bravo :bravo Superb work, congrats!!!!
I can only echo the sentiments of othere. Stunning piece of realistic work.
Stu
Fantastic job and craftsmanship on your figures and diorama. Pro quality all the way.
Wonderful work you've done the
and thank you for your tips
:bravo:bravo:thanks
Well done and thanks for sharing the techniques you used to get them to this point. It is nice to see a couple of IJA troopers and so well done to boot.
Jeff (Geppetto):thumb
Thanks all for your comments, really appreciate them!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts