One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ooo...a bit of modification and you could make the Michael Wincott, Rochefort from the three musketeers movie!

·
Captain Eyestrain
1,200 Posts
Paskal , I have a high opinion of the French......
Well , someone at Ignite has got their text and their pics a bit muddled : I presume the text refers to the Napoleonic Imperial Guard figure they've already previewed.
Ignore it..

I am pleased that Ignite are brave enough to embark on these really different subjects.
What we have here is a swashbuckler from Dumas' Musketeer novels , in a slightly cinematic version.
( did someone say Hollywood ? ).

Good Points : sword ( rapier ) and sword hangers: very useful. And the dagger.

The hat : looks like it might be felt , in which case it will be very useful for many things.

The doublet and breeches : Hmmm , a little shapeless . Not quite sure which decade of the 1600s they come from .

Shirt OK, Pity about the eyelets .Only ever worn in films .

Boots : a cop-out : moulded plastic shoes ( lace-ups ? Mon Dieu !), with a sort of glorified gaiter over . This is a rather low-budget movie...
Head : well , he's got the right hair.

The pic is not that good , so I reserve judgement until I can see the detail a little better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think the pic clarity has alot to do with interpretation on this one so far.

While the eyelets on the shirt and the whole legging/gaiter don't jive with any period items that I'm aware of, I'm assuming they're trying to capitalize on a previous shoe mold and supplementing it with the overgaiter. I can't be a hunnert percent certain, but the shoes look close to straight-last although they aren't.

Tony Barton, I think those breeches might be fine if photoed from a different angle. They look like they have enough to blouse any inaccuracies into hiding.

The doublet appears to be similar to the laced ones we've seen in various "piratey type" movies and Shakespearean productions. I've been wanting to do an Errol Flynn Don Juan and he had a similar green suede one.

I'm going to say they didn't get the basic idea tooooo far off. Plenty of usable items, and the not so usable can be easily replaced or redone. I'd like to see more pics of those gaiters, as I already have an idea for a fix on them.

As with anything with me, price will be the deciding factor in overall quality of this or any fig.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Whoever dressed the figure didn't do it any favours, huh?
I think Ignite are a great company simply for tackling the subjects they do, so kudos to them.

As for the headsculpt, well, that's never been Ignite's forte, but a good repaint can do wonders for those headsculpts...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Is that tights in the photo? I don't get that piece?
The rest looks all useable and a good base to build on. It'll be interesting to see the boxed/final product.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts