One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were in a situation where you wanted to start putting together a kitbash and could only purchase one body - what male body would you select?
There is no specific genre of bash that I'm looking at right now but would like to purchase a general purpose body that provides good articulation, ability to fit most any head, hands, and feet as well as being sized for most of the commonly available clothing and equipment.
Your recommendations and input are appreciated.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,821 Posts
HT TTM 21 clone body.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Unless you have specific requirements, any of the True Type clones will do. they're cheap as chips and offer good compatibility with heads, hands and feet / boot feet.

If one of your expensive HT figures has an accident, you can use one of these for parts.

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
I got so many DML bodies I wouldn't spend money to get anything else.....

·
das sage ich nicht!
1,424 Posts
The new All era DiD body would be my choice!
as much as I love DML I hate using stands and alll the DML Neo bodies I have need one!
in my experience they get Very loose an have trouble standing without support!
I'm not saying every Neo body has this fault just the ones I have!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Unless you have specific requirements, any of the True Type clones will do. they're cheap as chips and offer good compatibility with heads, hands and feet / boot feet.

If one of your expensive HT figures has an accident, you can use one of these for parts.
I'm with Marine boy. I have had little to no trouble with these bodies and have purchased many. Great value for the price.

·
Registered
760 Posts
More recently the DAM bodies have been my body of choice.
I like the DAM bodies, particularly the hips, which are tighter than HT's / Clones. I'm no so keen on the knee joints which are not adjustable for tightness and are a copy of the old HT kneejoints. These were well known for breaking and the design of which has wisely been changed since.

·
12,821 Posts
What??? Do you mean to say the Triad Otaku isn't your favourite body anymore? :lol
--

The OTAKU 1.0/1.2 female bodies have their uses when appropriate.

I quit drinking the punch and I feel much better now.

There are variety of worthwhile female bodies nowadays to use when it comes to 1:6 female kit bash figures (including bodies from Triad Toys).

The only one ideal all purpose 1:6 female body is the CG 2.0, but that boat has long since left the dock.

Back on track . . . I repeat preference when it comes to a 1:6 general (presumably) male kit bash figure . . . it is the HT TTM 21 clone body or the "4.0" body or whatever it is called.

I got five of them on the way that should arrive by Saturday (among other things).

G

·
The otakus are fine when you treat them to alpha limbs. They're much happier. For male bodies, anything that doesn't have that horrible Hot toys ankle joint is fine.

·
Guardian of Hades
1,558 Posts
--

The OTAKU 1.0/1.2 female bodies have their uses when appropriate.

I quit drinking the punch and I feel much better now.

Back on track . . . I repeat preference when it comes to a 1:6 general (presumably) male kit bash figure . . . it is the HT TTM 21 clone body or the "4.0" body or whatever it is called.

I got five of them on the way that should arrive by Saturday (among other things).
Sorry mate, I'm just joking with you because I remember how passionate you used to be about Triad.

But yeah I would probably choose one of the male HT clone bodies too, based on their cost.
The genuine HT body is a slightly better quality body, but they are far more expensive, which overall makes their clones a lot better value for money.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts

This. I think these are the absolutely best ever - not to mention available at a very good price.

I do think however that the old Dragon bodies still work well too. they are limited in their movement range, but they are sturde, have less parts that can break, and those parts that do break can sometimes be fixed. Oh, and they are the cheapest bodies ever.

·
12,821 Posts
Sorry mate, I'm just joking with you because I remember how passionate you used to be about Triad.

But yeah I would probably choose one of the male HT clone bodies too, based on their cost.
The genuine HT body is a slightly better quality body, but they are far more expensive, which overall makes their clones a lot better value for money.
--

It's all good.

I take no offense.

I cringe when I look & think back about being overzealous then.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts

This will be my choice! For the price, compatibility, quality... top notch. BUT, they're a little scarce from this point on. If you can still get it for an affordable price get it.

There is a new one on the horizon... I'll be getting these soon. It looks like this:

G

·
Wish they'd sort out those ankles onn the hot toys body. They're ok in boots, but for 18th century guys, the horrid ankle gaps show

·
Respect, Honour, Courage
2,860 Posts
This will be my choice! For the price, compatibility, quality... top notch. BUT, they're a little scarce from this point on. If you can still get it for an affordable price get it.

There is a new one on the horizon... I'll be getting these soon. It looks like this:

I just received one of these in the mail today. I can confirm it is extremely good value. Joints were tight, and solid body. Perfect for what I need, and will definitely be getting some more when funds allow.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Wish they'd sort out those ankles onn the hot toys body. They're ok in boots, but for 18th century guys, the horrid ankle gaps show
Someone recommended using earphone buds to fill out the space. It greatly improves the appearance without hindering ankle movement. I can't remember who suggested it originally but it works very well.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts