One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I am working on getting my Spetsnaz diver fit for pics. I have gone back to add some details and weathering that I had originally not had time for. I decided to go with a re-breather for the figure as I imagine military divers avoid open-circuit breathing systems during operations for bubble exposure reasons. I had seen an illustration that depicted a Russian military diver with a back mounted re-breather as opposed to the chest mounted version ( Draeger ) That we see with SEAL combat swimmers.

I decided to go with my own interpretation, which gave me some much needed creative flexibility. The NO2 bottles on the side were created with an eye for the authentic as some systems use NO2 as a part of the breathing mix. I don't recall why this is so ( different weight - absorption? ) But it sounds interesting and technically possible.

I scratch built the case, harness and heavily modded everything else. The Russian language decals were created with free Internet based translation software. There may be some syntax issues there - if so, I apologize to my fellow OSWers who read and speak Russian.

Thank you for taking time to look. Any comments and or questions are very much appreciated.

-Mike

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
^Ditto. Love the techy looking bits you put all around it, and those tanks are wonderful details. Not only does it look cool, it even looks like it'd work. Great job. How is the diver coming along?

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks much guys I had a hard but enjoyable time trying to figure out how to bring it to life. The case was the major challenge. I really wanted to be able to integrate and fit the tanks and internals while being able to have the case lock closed and stay that way. Fun times:lol I loved doing the harness and the weathering. That was the most fun for me.

DocHoliday666 Thank you:lol
saiko Thank you - the diver is coming along well. I am still debating the little details and thinking repaint on the sculpt ( although it mostly obscured by the mask ) I could spend a bunch more time modifying and messing with it, but I want to finish and display it.
laughinggravy2 Thank you:)
gaiagear Thank you Leo - I am working on it ( you know how that is ) I am actually really happy to have a chance to get back into the hobby after some time. It is fun to try out new ideas on older bashes and try some new bashes as well.
54thCuda2 Thank you Cody:)
Mr. Petey Thank you very much - I appreciate the kind words:)

·
Kasparov's apprentice
777 Posts
Busy days in the forum, huh? It seems that you and CplHo are starring "OSW:the movie" in these days...
A little flaw in your work: you picked up the wrong forum,this is the general one not the 1:1 scale one, so please you gotta stop puting "real" pics like if threy're on scale 1/6...you don't fool me OK!!
Nah seriously,Mr.SEF this is simply amaizing!!!!! I'm planing to make an "old fashioned-Spetsnaz combat diver" to join it in my Russian team (I don't want to steal your copyrighted idea) but I'm having some troubles making the O2-backpack (aka rebreather) Could you just tell me how did make the outter tank or rebreather's frame? Mine wouldn't be so fine like yours.Btw,have you think making a Modern Russian pilot already?????

·
uber noob assembler
5,022 Posts
Wait.

Is that an old cellphone or remote control shell I spy? If so, major kudos for inventiveness.
good eye LG, i was thinking the same, but more towards an old cell phone case

you Sir have raw talent, great work as always, can't wait to see this sick gear on your kitbash Mike:thumb

glad to see you posting some of your spectacular customs once again:clap

·
Registered
10 Posts
good eye LG, i was thinking the same, but more towards an old cell phone case .....
:lol :lol Ok, that's crazy, because that was my first thought as well.

When I looked to see how he'd done it, I started seeing a battery compartment similar to the countless ones on my TV remotes that have been accidentally propelled across the room during playoff seasons over the years (slippery lil suckers).

This pic is awesome for both the quality of work and a sneak peek into the mind of this rascal.

It'd be real easy to hate this guy if he didn't make such great guacamole.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
As always Mike your setting the Customizing mark up another notch. Forcing the rest of us to work that much harder to play catch up ;).
Beautiful work my friend. I'm sure the figure is gonna knock our socks off.

Paul

1 - 20 of 42 Posts