One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
Joined
·
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I only ordered it Wednesday from AmazonJP.

I am amazed at the levels taken here.From handmade pouches,BDU's and boots,to the just coolness of alot of the bashes in the book.The WWII Marines look really good.The whole book is just great to look at.

And the best thing is...no exclusives!!!!!
 

·
HOME OF FINE 1/6 CUSTOMS
Joined
·
4,689 Posts
CorranJ said:
And I only ordered it Wednesday from AmazonJP.

I am amazed at the levels taken here.From handmade pouches,BDU's and boots,to the just coolness of alot of the bashes in the book.The WWII Marines look really good.The whole book is just great to look at.

And the best thing is...no exclusives!!!!!
Cool. How much was it? I may be reading this wrong, but I just used an online currency converter and enter 2,000 yen (the price of the book on Amazon JP) and it says it's 18.03426 US Dollar. Is that correct? If so, I'm orderig now!

Eric
 

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
Joined
·
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it came to 45 with shipping.
 

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
Joined
·
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was like 18,but the free didn't apply for some reason.
 

·
CARPEDIEM
Joined
·
800 Posts
the free shipping is only for Japan not international orders; inaddition, I have to wait for about two weeks to get it in my area.Also AMEN! to the transolation problem, but what are you goin to do when they have you "DE LOS HUEVOS"....
 

·
prolific kitbasher, OSW Librarian
Joined
·
4,010 Posts
Aaron:
I bought my copy today and concour with you. However, I'm a little irritated by the inability to find the stuff that these guys seem to have easy access. For example, where did Jun get the buttons for his Hot toys LLRP/SEAL figure kitbash?
To me that's the frustrating part because I'm convinced that if we had the same access to the stuff they have, we'd produce exquiste kitbashes like Specfigures.

xavier
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,427 Posts
basx said:
Aaron:
I bought my copy today and concour with you. However, I'm a little irritated by the inability to find the stuff that these guys seem to have easy access. For example, where did Jun get the buttons for his Hot toys LLRP/SEAL figure kitbash?
To me that's the frustrating part because I'm convinced that if we had the same access to the stuff they have, we'd produce exquiste kitbashes like Specfigures.

xavier
Tokyo has many stores that carry those items we need, if I am not wrong. A lot of those items that the Japanese use are probably meant for another hobby (craftwork et al). And they have the marvellous Tokyu Hands to boot as well! :D
 

·
prolific kitbasher, OSW Librarian
Joined
·
4,010 Posts
Yujin:
Agreed but the problem is finding the stuff. I've been looking for craft stuff at Spotlight and Art friend. I've found some stuff but I haven't found mostly everything under one roof.
What we really need is a Specfigure type magazine that gives us where we can buy the stuff. That would be a big help. :)
xavier
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,427 Posts
basx said:
Yujin:
Agreed but the problem is finding the stuff. I've been looking for craft stuff at Spotlight and Art friend. I've found some stuff but I haven't found mostly everything under one roof.
xavier
hehe, forget Singapore Xavier. You literally have to run all over the island just to get what you want. :p

Sorry for the slight thread hijack Aaron. Now back to your regularly scheduled programme...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Got MIne In Singapore

Got mine today at the local Bookstore Kinokuniya.

Will browse before I go to sleep.

Probably will inspire me to have sweet dreams hahahahah

Marc
 

·
prolific kitbasher, OSW Librarian
Joined
·
4,010 Posts
Tang:
Agreed. I'm very inspired and I finally have the techniques of how to make the pouches. The patterns are very helpful and I'll xerox them to practice. Then I'll want to modify them and try to make my own pouches.
 

·
R&D Dept. Insanity Div.
Joined
·
207 Posts
CorranJ said:
From handmade pouches,BDU's and boots,to the just coolness of alot of the bashes in the book.
Did I read this correctly? They show HANDMADE BDU's, BOOTS, and POUCHES? Does this mean that they show how they were done - From the pattern, to sewing, to final product? (Are these BDUs current issue or from an earlier era?)
I saw pics in another posting where there were pouch patterns along with instruction on what to do. Are those patterns to scale?
 

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
Joined
·
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
basx said:
Aaron:
I bought my copy today and concour with you. However, I'm a little irritated by the inability to find the stuff that these guys seem to have easy access. For example, where did Jun get the buttons for his Hot toys LLRP/SEAL figure kitbash?
To me that's the frustrating part because I'm convinced that if we had the same access to the stuff they have, we'd produce exquiste kitbashes like Specfigures.

xavier
CVI used to sell those buttons,if I remember right.But there stuff is distributed by MonkeyDepot now,but they dont have them listed.

moxie said:
Did I read this correctly? They show HANDMADE BDU's, BOOTS, and POUCHES? Does this mean that they show how they were done - From the pattern, to sewing, to final product? (Are these BDUs current issue or from an earlier era?)
I saw pics in another posting where there were pouch patterns along with instruction on what to do. Are those patterns to scale?
For everyone else.They show someone making BDU's,but they have no patterns.They have 2 patterns showing a SAW pouch and a ammo pouch,with intrsuctions,I assume,but since I can't read it I can't say for sure
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top