One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently won an eBay auction of a few dozen 1/6 scale rifles, machine guns, and pistols. There is one machine gun that I am having a difficult time finding information on, and I'm hoping that someone here can help. It is a variant of an AK-47 with a long silencer, high capacity drum magazine, and folding stock. Can anyone tell me when/where this type was used, and what type of soldier would have used this weapon? Thanks!

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Possibly this one?

·
1:6 Scale Producer
772 Posts
I recently won an eBay auction of a few dozen 1/6 scale rifles, machine guns, and pistols. There is one machine gun that I am having a difficult time finding information on, and I'm hoping that someone here can help. It is a variant of an AK-47 with a long silencer, high capacity drum magazine, and folding stock. Can anyone tell me when/where this type was used, and what type of soldier would have used this weapon? Thanks!
Hi!
Repost a photo (not displayed) to another destination please.

I think type which you asked about is "Yugoslavian M72 RPK 7.62 LMG with Cyclone silencer", this one:
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/photo/showimage.php?i=179946&c=2
"What type of soldier ..."
Get the link
Yugo Variants

·
Registered
219 Posts
Possibly this one?

I second the AKS-74U in the picture, based on your description. If it is that model, there are a few inaccuracies which may be muddying research, chiefly the drum mag, which was experimented with but never operationally deployed, and the PBS-1 suppressor, which would more typically be mated to an AKM. unit wise, at present only police and certain Militsia units use the AKS-74U regularly, along with some limited use with Army GRU. Historically, it was widely deployed, including but not limited to; VDV airborne troops, regular infantry, armored forces, GRU, naval infantry and associated spetsnaz, KGB and later FSB units like Alfa and Vympel and border guards, police, the FSO, interior ministry MVD VV troops and spetsnaz units such as Vityaz and Rus, and regional SOBR spetsnaz units. The type was also either exported to, or license produced in virtually every Warsaw Pact state, and was supplied to Soviet allies abroad. Overall, it was in heavy use from the early 1980s through the early 2000s, and is still in the arsenals of most post Soviet nations in some capacity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts