One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was buying a lot of figures from this guy on craigslist for a set amount. After we agreed, he email me back saying he is not selling at this time. A few day later he said if I still want it. I said ok but can you send me a list of what I was buying instead of pictures. He said ok but then he sent me more pictures but some of the item I was buying was not in the new pictures. I ask him about it and he say he can't find it. Do I still want it at the same price so I happily declined.

Update as I am typing he wrote me back

"Just to let ya know, Sold already to the next person on line"

Like I care

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Unfortunately, that's the way it is on-line sometimes.......we've all heard countless, and endless, deals like this.......I truly believe most people are honest, but as we have seen.......:think

·
BBi Fanboy
2,210 Posts
Sounds like the seller got a better offer (after talking to you) for some of the stuff, and then decided to try and get rid of the rest by offering them to you. He was just being a jerk rubbing it in afterwards.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,970 Posts
Your experience is not the first in the hobby nor will it be the last in the hobby.

Don't dwell on it.

Move on to the next acquisition you're going to boast . . . ER . . . post/share about with us.

;)

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
I was buying a lot of figures
Sorry to tell you this but until money changes hands and you have the figures you aren't buying anything...

like others have said....deal is not a deal until its done...and Craig's list is one of the worst places to conduct business...

Don't feel bad about, he was probably out to rob you when you showed up...is that not how Craig's list operates :dunno

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just saw his ad again on Craigslist with two more figures sold but the same price. So he lies saying he already sold it. I am glad I stay away.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Maybe we need to establish a 1:6 predator list.

·
12,970 Posts
Maybe we need to establish a 1:6 predator list.
--

Maybe the OSW should partner with an online investigative journalism group and have a series called . . .

"TO CATCH A 1:6 PREDATOR"

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is funny. He message me this morning

"Hey buddy, the guy never showed up,
I found General Patterson with his dog at my nephew house,
I'll included on the deal, if you still interesting,
Everything you see on the pictures plus General Patterson and his dog."

How convenience

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
If you decide to do the deal, take a friend.

Here's why:

Last week, my younger son was looking to buy a recliner for his room. He found one he liked on Craigslist. So, off to pick up his new recliner he went.

When he got there, the guy began trying to break a little "bad" with him asking to see his money.

Now, I should mention that Son #2 is quite capable of taking care of himself - 6'1" and very athletic. Also at the top of his self-defense class.

However, about the time the guy said something about looking at his money, the BIG one showed up.

What this dumbass didn't know was that Son #1 (at 6'3", 210 lbs. of solid muscle - swimmer since he was 10-years-old) went along to help load the chair.

He came walking into the house a few seconds behind Son #2 and, since it was dark outside, apparently their would-be host had not seen him coming from the truck.

It turns out they got a substantial "discount" on the chair and the guy loaded it himself.

"What goes around..."

:rolling

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
This is funny. He message me this morning

"Hey buddy, the guy never showed up,
I found General Patterson with his dog at my nephew house,
I'll included on the deal, if you still interesting,
Everything you see on the pictures plus General Patterson and his dog."

How convenience
"Let it go, Indiana........" :wink

·
12,970 Posts
Seriously . . .

I can, have, & know "how" to hold a grudge . . . there are some things that you can hold a grudge against, but . . . yours is absolutely, positively, & undeniably, not one of them.

The seller doesn't owe you <CENSORED>. If you feel otherwise, then you got bigger concerns & issues asides from the 1:6 hobby.

Let it go and let this thread die a natural death . . . otherwise . . . this thread could end up being "put down" for it's own good.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Seriously . . .

I can, have, & know "how" to hold a grudge . . . there are some things that you can hold a grudge against, but . . . yours is absolutely, positively, & undeniably, not one of them.

The seller doesn't owe you <CENSORED>. If you feel otherwise, then you got bigger concerns & issues asides from the 1:6 hobby.

Let it go and let this thread die a natural death . . . otherwise . . . this thread could end up being "put down" for it's own good.
I am not surprise at your comment. You are always negative on whatever tread I am on. Why should I hold a grudge on him. I am just posting because I thought it was funny how hard he try to get me to buy his stuff when he is the one who put himself in this position. I know the seller don't owe me -censored- why don't you be like 1 six police and just say let it go instead of going on a negative rants . I would have let this go but your comment is uncalled for. If you don't have nothing good to say, keep it to yourself. End of story.

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Wow...no one's EVER recommended that folks should be like me......now THAT'S scary!!!:jawdrop

·
Life is tough then u die
966 Posts
Bellaireoaks to take your side with buying, I have had some deals go like this. Seems to happen a lot on eBay as well. Have had it with buying and selling on eBay too. Best thing is to laugh and move on. Its what I have done. Good luck with whatever happens next.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts