One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And it broke the bank! I shucked out $330 clams for the winning bid on eBay! After my 10% off coupon the total after shipping was $309. There was another 1/6 SAFS that went just before it, selling for $315. So, anyone wanting one will now expect to pay at least $300 or get lucky! So many ideas rolling around in the old noggin' for this great model kit.

·
Graduated from Ninja Tech
3,434 Posts
damn, and I really wanted one. But it would be cool if those KO model sellers from Thailand would offer SAFS/ Ma.K kits, they would be cheaper.

But if I had $300 I wouldnt mind paying that much.hey are really awesome kits, you can do all kinds cool things to them like add articualtion.
Great score and by the way where did you get the 10% off coupn, Ebay code?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Hey Galahad, can you post a picture or do you have any references to this figure? I'm quite curious about it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish these model kits were made again. I'd like to see a new 1/6 scale type fighting suit from Nitto, or even from a different company.

Anyway, the 10% discount was an eBay code, to answer the question posted by getoninja.

For PitViper, just search SAFS in Google Images. There are many reference photos posted. For sites, just search for SAFS 1/6 on Google also.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Congrats of getting one, SAFS SG is truely a great design from the serious.......besides I've got told that Hasegawa has brought the license (perhaps 1/20 scale only) and shall re-release them later this year.

For those who not knowing Kow's work, allows me in sharing some of his modelling product......:p

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Well done on snagging that, certainly more than I would've paid, but what the hey, you're happy and that's what counts. Jimbobwan's is a masterpiece and his link is required reading.

I'm going to wait and see what Hasegawa do, I would LOVE a Fleidermaus

CHEERS!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A lot of responses from you guys! Great. Yeah... I've been researching these for a few years and finally snagged one. Lot's of good references out there, too. I have many ideas. I'm thinking a German "like" theme, with some camo netting in certain areas. Perhaps some barbed wire. I want it real mean and nasty looking! I want to make a small woodland diorama for it as well.

As a side note, please check out my custom Deckard figure from Blade Runner and my custom samurai as well! Give some feedback! Tell me what you guys think. I also have a Christian Bale custom from Harsh Times and a Val Kilmer custom from Heat that I'll be posting soon!

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
I so wish I had a bigger budget in the late 80's and early 90's. Comet Miniatures in London used to have loads of the kits whenever I went to Model Engineering Exhibitions at Alexandra Palace. I'm kicking myself for never having snagged any then. On the other hand though, I might have tried building them and may have made a complete balls of them.

If you get stuck for ground crew for any of the 1/20th ones, just go to Tamiya and use their F1 pit crew, Yokoyama did!

CHEERS!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.