One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

I enjoy visiting here because...

16K views 55 replies 45 participants last post by  MonkeyBoy 
#1 ·
this place is a lot o fun! You all seem to be pretty accepting of new folks here, & the ideas and great looking figs displayed are tremendous. Although the emphasis here leans toward Modern, all eras and genres are welcome. This is a comfortable place to be a part of.

#27 ·
UNDER SIEGE 6: The Return of Mandoll!

"Steven Segal turns his career around, with a star turn, as Navy SEAL Casey Mandoll, returning to the role that made him big. LOTR? Kill Bill Part 2? MATRIX Loaded-Up Depends? Faaahgeddaboudit! Mandoll kicks cinematic bootay!" - Jim Hightower, Dallas Morning News *****

I was going to shreek all kinds of bile about resurrecting this thread, and attempting to do a Sally Fields number, but, it was worth it, just to see teebo02's reply.
Good on you, teebo02. That's a hero's task you have there, but it's worth it. Glad you like the place, and thanks for your compliments.

The rest of ya? Is there nothing you won't do for beer, hookers, and stale pretzels?

#28 ·
Cause the admins spend a butt load of money to ungrade the servers and people actually post less pictures. :)Man you people need to get off you lazy behinds, stop going to work and start bashing.

Also every I like this place because everytime my relatives say I got too many toys, I show them your collection and they stop :)

Tung

#30 ·
pukingdog said:
Be nice to the silent members. They'll post when the feel like it.

I do like the new term though, sorta evil and creepy.

MANDOLL!

BEWARE THE WRATH OF MANDOLL!

There is a new name for Evil. That name is MANDOLL!

In a time of without hope, a Champion will arise. MANDOLL! This Film is not yet rated.
Can I quote you in my next aritcle?

#31 · (Edited)
Man Doll IS a bizarre term - BUT, so are potty, crap and pee pee ( Skypilot777 - good words those ) When I tell the folks at my work that I collect and customize dolls or MAN DOLLS they look at me like I must be kidding ( and then they potty there pants ) In this, I think that it can be difficult to grasp the motivation and reward behind any hobby or area of specialization unless you are directly involved in it or can at least connect to it on some level ( I have a friend who is an avid painter and sculptor who could care less than not about 1/6 scale anything but who thinks that the level of artistry displayed by the members of this board is amazing and inspiring... as far as she's concerned you guys are the bees knees when it comes to creativity and skillfullness - I give her another month or so before she'll be embarking on her own collecting/bashing carreer ) Which brings me to why I really love and appreciate this board and it's members... It's because of the commonality of interest and creative impulse that seem to drive, motivate and bond us all. I think that our hobby is productive, progressive and exciting - not to mention completely great - it's something that I have enjoyed and revered from early childhood to the present ( still a kid at heart - comprehending the worth and value of words like: POTTY, CRAP and the ever illustrious PEE PEE - Skypilot, keep your eyes peeled for a band called: Poo Poo Pee Pee Pants out of the San Fransisco Bay Area ) This is what I most enjoy about my visits here; the energy, the imagination, the connection... and it is why this board has become a frequent stop and an intregal part of my daily routine - where I come to be motivated and inspired and IMPRESSED... So my most earnest thank yous to all who share, submit, gripe, whine, look, lurk, post and praise.

-Mike

#32 ·
Because it keeps me out of trouble? If I spent the money I spend on my 1/6th habit, on something less desireable like women, booze, or fast cars, I'd be divorced, broke, and homeless.

This seems like a better alternative.

It may not seem like it, at least not here, but I spent about a year lurking at the Sixth Division, while I soaked up knowledge, read a lot of resource material, worked on my bashing techniques, figured out how to use my digital camera, and got a feel for how the board operated.

#34 ·
I'm here 'cause PD is my dad and he says I have to be here. He says I'll learn how to be a real man with ya'll. But he won't let me have any beer, I prefer salted in the shell peanuts to pretzels, and he says hooker is a nickname for mom (he and mom sure spend alot of time behind closed doors discussing my behavior). Sheesshhh ...

Karl

#35 ·
Odds bodkins! Dost mine ears deceive me? A question of mandollhood?

Thus didst speak biowolf:
Can I quote you in my next article?
And then , most readily didst reply the hurlhound: Feel free, goode biowolf. Let the whole world know that we ancient bravos do most rightwise choose to pass our time in the construct most sublime, of mandolls of martial bearing, arrayed, like men of war. And let them howl, knowing that their "serious commerce and politic", is but a fool's errand, and deceives us not. For in the unwinding of all this, is our last post, which lies in the clay, and they shall go to it bitter and unfulfilled, whilst I shall greet it with a smile, knowing I have made the most of it all!

#40 ·
I like it here cause the OSW is accessible from from prison all over the world!

On a more serious note, The comradarie, creativity & ability expierenced or expressed by the OSW members is the real reason I am still active in the 1/6th community.

I've been around since the beginning when there were less then 12 of us talking about our Mandollies. We had absolutely no idea that our little group of malcontents would balloon into the community you now see today. This board has spawned numerous others that carry on the tradition of like minded people gathering together to share there enjoyment of all things 1/6th.

This is your community folks, So get busy bashing and let's see some 1/6th love!

#42 ·
Because it keeps me out of trouble? If I spent the money I spend on my 1/6th habit, on something less desireable like women, booze, or fast cars, I'd be divorced, broke, and homeless.
couldn't have said it better m'self, thanks usmcwayne.

been a member for some time now, i started as a lurker then finally had something useful to say. more often than not though i'd rather keep the posts to a minimum.

i think the reason why i hang out here is just that, i can hang out here and be comfy with everyone around. the inspiring work, the witty reparte, the informative discussions, it's like a big break room full of couches and lazyboys and you get to play with mandolls! even when i go on vacation, after i check my email, i usually find time to go on an OSW break.

mike

p.s. in all my years with this board i have never partaken in pretzels, beer or hookers. i like buffallo wings, ice tea and... ok hookers but i rarely have any money for them due to mandoll purchases. it's more like ramen noodles, water and the mini magazines that came with the dml mre sets. :bag

#43 ·
I like this place & my Mandolls because.....................

OSW is the BEST & Friendliest place l know for 1/6th :D

Also one of the Best for Customs/Bashes & assistance site`s l know of too & what`s more truely International too.

It`s just great to think that we`re all in this for the same reasons & there`s a Great place to call home for all the similar minded folks to meet/greet,trade,swap ideas,push creativity,etc.

It`s a pleasant place to call HOME (my 1/6th one at least......LOL)!!

Ja
Steel Bonnet

#45 ·
this board is great 'cos of the bashes, the 1:1 picture references and the posting members who're all insane. me included.

plus, its nice to see other people who collect. helps show i'm not the only one nuts about this. helps to see there are crazier people than me!

#46 ·
yup chenry, we are all insane playin with mandollies and hiding in drywall and wooden caves, hiding from the destructive powers of the evil sun!

but really, I come here because it's a haven where I can talk with other people and share my interests and questions with other people. CRAZY people :devilhnd

#50 ·
Why I keep returning here:

- Marvellous Bashes!!!
- Cool Dudes!!!!
- Tutorials, and How-To's (haven't really been there yet)!!!
- Trades!!!
- Galleries!!!
- Lotsa topics!!!
- I like to have my jaws hanging open (an addiction to awesome bashes)!!!
- and let's say the other 1/6 forum I go to left a sour taste in my mouth........

'Nuff Said!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.