One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I liked it enough to make this thread. :D

I will not divulge any spoilers, and hope no one else does for a couple of weeks, but this is a really well directed movie. I wanted to watch it for Will Smith and he really delivered. You could just feel the desparate nature of his life in this film, and the anticipation was built up really well throughout the movie, keeping us on our toes throughout.

The scary parts were really well done, and they startled and unnerved us during and for a little while after the film had ended, which I think many so called scary movies fail to do nowadays with their gore-fests. No offense if you're into that kind of genre. ;)

I've never watched the original Omega Man, but I think this would have been a good homage to the original IMHO.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
s-ramos said:
So wheres your cam footage of the Batman prologue Saiko?
It looked good but it wasn't anything that made me go WOW. The audience applauded if that means anything. I'm sure it'll be on torr -en-t in a few anyway. Heath gives a good and grizzled performance though, a far cry from his brokeback character.

·
aNYthing
3,801 Posts
Thought it was alright. Never read the book tho.
From what I've read of the book on the net, the movie seems pretty diff.
Fans of the book might not like the movie me thinks.

Since I live in the concrete jungle that is NYC,
I LOVED seeing the cityscapes in the movie!

Will Smith really makes you feel that he is scared ****less in a few scenes
and does a fantastic job of playing a man who has been alone for 3 years.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm totally unfamiliar with the book, I guess the movies are made for people who usually don't touch them rather than the audience they already have, if that makes sense. At least thats how I rationalize disparities between the print and the film.

Oh and Sawgunner, the PM reply is safe to read, I just wanted to confirm before I unveil anything. :p Sorry for being so careful :)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I saw it today and liked it well enough. But with a few tweaks it could have been a great film.

I don't understand why in a movie like this they can't have better CGI for the mutants. The rest of the movie was visually impressive and yet the mutants were so fake looking..

·
Lurker .... or somefin
5,301 Posts
Von13 said:
I saw it today and liked it well enough. But with a few tweaks it could have been a great film.

I don't understand why in a movie like this they can't have better CGI for the mutants. The rest of the movie was visually impressive and yet the mutants were so fake looking..
I don't see why they couldn't have just used makeup one live actors... would have looked a lot better.

·
Read Only
219 Posts
It is great, WAY better than I expected. I Just got back from seeing it with my family, it makes me want a Will Smith Headsculpt. It is not identical to the Omega Man(1971), but it is still really cool. By the way or those who don't know The Omega Man was a film based off of the 1950's novel, I am Legend. Its a creepy film,if you havent seen it yet go check it out! Pulling in 73 million on the opening weekend says somthing.

HL2 Master:hat

·
NM156
826 Posts
Saw it opening night with the family all told we spent 72.00 to see it but we were all very entertained. I've read the novel and seen all the movies based off it now. It could have been a masterpiece but the ending is a little lame and it felt a bit short.

No character development for 2 people who show up to save his ass kind of pissed me off but not as much as a certain death even though you knew it was going to happen, they never live.

·
Uncle Sam's Trunk Monkey
873 Posts
They had a behind the scenes thing on tv a day ago, they tried the humans with make-up look but they look horriable, so they went with CGI

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.