One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not another Humvee you say. But here's something different- a major mod to the 21st Century RC HMMWV. I'm tearing out the guts and replacing with hobby grade components, ditched the comical Tow launcher and replacing it with a 3D printed rotating turret. A smoke generator pumps smoke through a rather complex plumbing system to the barrel and a sound card plays the actual recording of an M2 Browning firing. The plan is to blink out the vehicle with more scale details and a fully animatronic gunner.

Gesture Toy Electric blue Auto part Font
Trigger Air gun Gesture Gun barrel Shotgun
Vehicle Motor vehicle Combat vehicle Hood Car
Vehicle Gas Engineering Gadget Cameras & optics

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,261 Posts
So cool.

Here's the link to the post I was talking to you about on FB.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So cool.

Here's the link to the post I was talking to you about on FB.

Oh wow, that's an incredible amount of modding effort. Even if there was enough interior room, detailing the interior will not be possible for me. My interior is currently filled with mechanism and electronics for the rotating turret and animatronic figure. Those 2 components are the center pieces of my build, so the interior has to go:)

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,261 Posts
Oh wow, that's an incredible amount of modding effort. Even if there was enough interior room, detailing the interior will not be possible for me. My interior is currently filled with mechanism and electronics for the rotating turret and animatronic figure. Those 2 components are the center pieces of my build, so the interior has to go:)
Your build is very different from the linked one. All the moving features really add a new dimension to it. Very original stuff for sure.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,261 Posts
Excellent upgrades. Is this made specifically for the 21C RC version, or made to scale for any HMMWV?

I tried to find some ref pics from my CANSOF ref pics, but oddly the ones I have don't even show a spare wheel, let alone one mounted on the back.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Excellent upgrades. Is this made specifically for the 21C RC version, or made to scale for any HMMWV?

I tried to find some ref pics from my CANSOF ref pics, but oddly the ones I have don't even show a spare wheel, let alone one mounted on the back.
It's designed for 21C RC, but since it's digital, it can adapt to others with minor mods. I'm working with someone who wants to adapt the deepwater exhaust system for his Go-Truck. Since the mid section is designed for magnetic attachment, it simply sticks to the metal Go-Truck body without drilling.

Regarding the HMMWV versions: I think there are literally hundreds of versions, mods and feature combos being used. There probably isn't a definitive right or wrong version. I am grabbing features that I personally like and I think look good for the truck I am building; and I think the 21C HMMWV is a great platform to scale up. It is much cheaper than Go-Truck (if you can find it on Ebay:) and can be driven!

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,261 Posts
I think the Go-Truck and Taowan versions are probably the best scaled, but are very expensive being full metal models.

I have the Hasbro GI Joe which is good close to scale version. Probably relatively close to the 21C RC Slantback. So this upgrade would probably work well on the Hasbro as well. That rear bumper and spare tire mount are fantastic.

I love the ratchet straps on the back tailgate, and the antenna mount too. Very cool.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think the Go-Truck and Taowan versions are probably the best scaled, but are very expensive being full metal models.

I have the Hasbro GI Joe which is good close to scale version. Probably relatively close to the 21C RC Slantback. So this upgrade would probably work well on the Hasbro as well. That rear bumper and spare tire mount are fantastic.

I love the ratchet straps on the back tailgate, and the antenna mount too. Very cool.
The good looking ones are too expensive, especially factoring shipping costs. I think this is one of the best paths to achieving high scale fidelity, the body has decent proportions, the platform has rc capability and is easy to mod. Down side is lack of interior and hard to find on ebay.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts