One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
(formerly DYE-GSG90)
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realized in the past couple months that a lot of members were asking about civilian clothing and suits, so I decided to do a review on several of them. Some of the suits I did not review entirely, as I recieved some of these items in trades. I have indicated what I have reviewed next to the suit title. However, I have yet to review:

HT Superman Suit
TS Who's Who Neil Suit (pinstripe)
ACI Toys Suits
ST Prison Break Suits
Action Figure Paradise Suits (rarity nowadays)

Toy President's Suits: Pinstripe Version (jacket, pants, white shirt, tie, and shoes)
Overall: 8/10; decent, but not perfect suit.
Jacket Cuffs: Too short on a DML body but a long trenchocat would be enough to cover it up.
Suit Coat Length: Suit coat length fits the body perfectly when opened. When closed, suit coat length looks horrible as suit is closed with velcro.
White Shirt: More or less crap. Two velcro strips attach the shirt together and the shirt is sleeveless.
Pants Length: Perfect for the DML body; excellent fit. However, no belt loops or workeable pockets. Also, pants are closed with velcro.
Shoes/Socks: Shoes are crap but socks are salvagable.
Versatility: Suit may not look porportionate with G1 and G3 flesh hands; impossible to put on a GI Joe without ripping the sleeves.

DML Suit (1st Version)[DML Inspector Hubert] (jacket, pants, blue shirt, and shoes)
Overall: 10/10; great overall.
Jacket Cuffs: Perfect length on a DML body.
Suit Coat Length: Suit coat length fits the body perfectly, although it could be a little longer. Suit button has 3 metal snap enclosures, therefore you can only see the top of the shirt when the suit is buttoned all the way up.
Blue Shirt: Excellent shirt. Plastic snap closure with little tiny 1/6-scaled button for the collar (unbutton/button top button)
Pants Length: Perfect for the DML body; excellent fit. Has belt loops! Downfall is there is no crease on the pants, so they look as if they just came out of the dryer.
Shoes/Socks: IMO, DML dress shoes are the best as they fit on many figures and look "normal". Hubert comes with shiny shoes!
Versatility: Suit looks okay with BBI G1 body and GI Joe.

DML Suit (2nd Version)[DML DSS Agent Patrick McGuiness] (jacket, pants, and shoes)
Overall: 9.5/10; pretty sweet suit
Suit Coat Length: Suit coat length fits the body perfectly.
Pants Length: Perfect for the DML body; excellent fit. Pants could be a little longer though. Also, the pants have belt loops which are a little larger to accomodate a concealed holster (above the right buttock:p).
Shoes/Socks: IMO, DML dress shoes are the best as they fit on many figures and look "normal".
Versatility: Suit looks a little large with BBI G1 body and GI Joe.

DML Suit (3rd Version)[DML G4 Micheal Chan (jacket)
Overall: 7/10; jacket is pretty darn big.
Suit Coat Length: Suit coat length fits the body perfectly. This suit is longer than Patrick McGuiness's suit.
Versatility: Suit looks a large on BBI G1 body and GI Joe.

TS Grey Suit: Men's Collection (jacket and pants)
Overall: 5/10; pants can be used.
Jacket Cuffs: Good, but not perfect length on a DML body.
Suit Coat Length: Suit coat length is horrible. Looks way too small. Also, there is only one button closure so suit makes body look...disgusting?
Pants Length: Perfect for the DML body; excellent fit. No belt loops but nice, deep pockets.
Versatility: Suit looks bad on BBI G1 and GI Joe. Looks disporportianate with GI hands and is still too small for the G1 body. Cannot fit in GI Joe body without tearing the suit cuffs.

eBay Dark Blue Suit (I got mine from eBay member protoys88 but I suspect they are all the same.) (jacket and pants)
Overall: 6/10; jacket is great!
Jacket Cuffs: Good length on a DML body.
Suit Coat Length: Suit coat length is excellent!
Pants Length: Sucks. Pants are way too baggy and have some sort of wierd elastic band on the bottom (for the shoe?). No belt loops but there are pockets.
Versatility: Best versastility as far as the jacket goes. Slides on DML, GI Joe, and BBI bodies without removal of hand joint. Pants just suck.

Sideshow Mulder "Home Version" (white shirt, pants, tie, and shoes)
Overall: 8/10; decent, but not really a real suit.
White Shirt: Great white shirt. Cuffs are metal snap closure, giving a realistic look. Shirt is closed with metal snaps, and collar looks good with or without a tie. The only wierd thing is that the shirt has an elastic strip to hook the butt of the figure to the pants? (you have to take off the pants of whatever figure you want to put the shirt on).
Tie: Great tie but may come loose if you pull too hard on one end (it's actually tied like a real tie).
Pants Length: Pants closure buttons sometimes don't exactly button up all the way (a little tight for DML Body). Pants are good length.
Shoes/Socks: Shoes are crap as they don't fit DML or BBI feet and they look like messed up cowboy boots (they are very pointy). Socks are okay.
Versatility: Shirt looks great with any figure, BBI G1, DML, or GI Joe. Pants are okay.

Hope this helps for everyone out there!

-Hugh

·
Registered
324 Posts
Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review. Check out the Saturday Toys suit set when you get a chance - it'll blow you away!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.