One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
He dodged so many questions despite them all being softballs. No questions regarding things like: Inconsistent heights of figures of the same characters, QC issues and the poor choices of materials on many figures, the force awakens chewie fiasco, the issue of cancelled figures or those in limbo, the fast rising prices (and reduced accessories) etc etc etc. Instead, all that was asked was 'will you make figure x ?'.

(not that I think Howard would actually answer any important or difficult questions but would be nice to show him what really matters to collectors)

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Due to poor choices in material, QC and most of all articulation of Hot Toys figure I am over them as figures. As cool as many of them are . I have decided I simply will not purchase them. In my opinion not worth the asking price

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
He dodged so many questions despite them all being softballs. No questions regarding things like: Inconsistent heights of figures of the same characters, QC issues and the poor choices of materials on many figures, the force awakens chewie fiasco, the issue of cancelled figures or those in limbo, the fast rising prices (and reduced accessories) etc etc etc. Instead, all that was asked was 'will you make figure x ?'.

(not that I think Howard would actually answer any important or difficult questions but would be nice to show him what really matters to collectors)
:clap:clap:clap. Or when they were going to get off their ass and actually release Drax, Ripley and BVS Wonder Woman...

I imagine the interviewer is either so enamored of Howard, or just plain afraid of him. Either way, if tough questions were asked, they'd probably never be granted another interview with His Majesty.

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,785 Posts

i agree, definitely a softball interview, when are people going to hold him accountable for the mistakes they make. oh, well two faced collectors at their finest.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
I surmise this "interview" wasn't done face to face but more likely through email correspondence.

At least there's news on Pfeiffer Catwoman and a potential Lynda Carter WW... :drool

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Due to poor choices in material, QC and most of all articulation of Hot Toys figure I am over them as figures. As cool as many of them are . I have decided I simply will not purchase them. In my opinion not worth the asking price
Came to the same conclusion many, many years ago. I'm actually pretty amazed others have too.

Personally I applaud your decision, sir.

See my signature below...

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,923 Posts
The interview was the equivalent to a MSNBC interview of Clinton or a FOX interview of Trump.

The interview is bull$%^& except for HT cultists.

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Wow....if they're that bad, why are people still buying?

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Nothing to see here...

Move along, please.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Modern version of the Wolf Predator!! Wooo!! So glad now that I didn't buy it on the secondary market.

Chan's evasive answers make sense considering how unbelievably upset some fans are when a promised item doesn't come out or takes a long time (exhibit A: This thread). Under promising can only help them in this case.

But if that wolf predator doesn't come out now, he's not safe anywhere on earth!!! :lol

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Some are not buying? Apparently not enough....they're still in business.....
YOU SIR are right enough people are still buying, my decision was not basesd on how popular Hot toys may be, my decision was based on several figures I have bought in the last year. Out of seven figures I bought I was only happy with the one. I even cancelled my hot toys wonder woman because of my dissatisfaction with the figures I have received. I have not nor will I ever tell anyone not to buy Hot Toys. That is a decision everyone must make themselves. What is often one person junk is another person's treasures

·
Registered
968 Posts
Great but I feel like Hot Toys makes promises they don't keep. For example, wasn't the Ripley figure discussed here actually advertised and now he's saying they have no plans to release figure. So while I'm excited to hear about a Michelle Phiffer Catwoman and (especially) a Lynda Carter Wonder Woman, I I can't/won't believe it until I see it (them) for sale. Cool read though!

·
High Speed Recon Mech
732 Posts
How many times in this hobby have we seen this pattern of behavoir, both by the various companies, and the collectors / hobbyists?

The fanboys go bonkers when the problems get pointed out, fawning over every official word put out by the "darling company" of the time, while the quality, value, and customer service fall through the floor and the prices go through the roof.

If you wander through YouTube and see the reviews of the Mezco One:Twelve series of figures like the Batman Dawn of Justice, you will often hear them compared to HT stuff, and often praised over them, for design, amount of content, quality of materials and workmanship, and value, understanding it is series of figure half the size of the HT figures.

We may be seeing a shift of favored scale, because of the ridiculous prices and other issues of QC, poor customer service, and worsening value in the 1/6 world. YouTube is filling with reviews of smaller scale figures, from increasing numbers of manufactures, some rising quickly in favor, others getting smacked down sharply because of problems like we have seen in 1/6 and makers that started off well, and for whatever reasons went downhill.

In a time of greatly reduced disposable income on luxury items like high end action figures, any and all companies that wish to succeed let alone survive, had best get their act together or find themselves joining the ranks of the "also ran" and "hey remember when xyz used to ....".

·
Registered
167 Posts
I am happy that more Predator figures are on the way. I agree that Ht are expensive and not good value for money but at the same time I do like some of their figures. At least they have clothed figures unlike the Threezero Robocop that looked so cool in the pics but was just a cheap piece of rubbish that cost me a fortune! I understand why some people will never buy a HT figure again but as long as they do subjects that interest me they will still get my money.

The problem with this hobby is that if you don't pre-order a figure then you face paying a lot more for it when it is released, or missing out altogether if it sells out. If you do pre-order it you are taking a gamble that the actual figure will look as good as the promo pics. Now I am a member here I will only pre-order figures that I think will sell out and hold off on the others until I get the OK from someone who has the figure in hand!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts