One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
With molded boots I take them to the sink, turn on the hot water and using a gerber I hold them underneath the running water for about 30 secs to a minute. When the boots are nice and soft, they're a quick slip on. A hair dryer also works.

Fabric, leather, and cloth boots: Usually I have no problem but from time to time the boots get stuck on a bent foot. Being very careful I slip an blade from a gerber to pick the fabric or leather around the 'intrusion'.

·
CARPEDIEM
800 Posts
I just get a cup off hot water that comes of the microwve and dip the feet in side like for a few seconds and then they are soft and take it off. (Car-full some times they are hot used a towel ot some thing) same with heads but be carfull if you do it to many times on the same item it will discolor a little each time same for the head . hope it helps!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Am having a hard time wearing as well as taking off boots/shoes of 1/6 figs.

Any techniques or suggestions?
Perhaps the problem is your 1:1 feet are too big...

Okay, bad joke...

Well as for getting off molded plastic boots, hot water or steam (carefuly) softens it up enough you can useually slip them off. For some TUS boots I had the plastic used was much stiffer and so I put a little petrolium jelly in there with a q-tip and the feet slid in a bit better.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I hate changing boots. I can't stand doing it. Many ripped-off feet and damaged bodies. All suggestions made are valid, proven methods. For long-term, though, start using BBI G3/3.5 and HT figures that have detachable feet. Non-rubber boots are not cheap, but another way to address if replacing nude figures is not your preference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.