One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello at all,

i would like to do my own printed beanie and caps with some Text / Logo on it like the ones on the photos below from Damtoys and Caltek. How can i add text and/or Logos on fabric? With some sort of special pen? Hope anybody have an idea or better solution :). :help
:thanks

Hair Head Shoe Outerwear Cap Cap Helmet Hat Textile Headgear Cap Grey Headgear Hat Font

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
There are color fabric markers (by Aleene's and other companies), although I am not sure that their quality or the combination between tiny size and unknown skill would be enough to match what you need. Another possibility (theoretically) would be to pre-cut the sort of thing you can iron onto a fabric, but once again the size might make this difficult. Patches of Pride (look them up) does custom work, so you might want to check with them, just in case they can help you out.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
The example you show seems to be screenprinted on. That is a process of applying an ink though a fabric or screen (hence the name) where an image is etched into the areas where ink is to be applied. In areas where no ink should be, the screen (fabric) is filled in so no ink will penetrate.

In short, screenprinting is a very precise stencil.

I write all that to say, if you can cut what you want to print into a small stencil, you can apply it to the cap, tape off all areas where you don't want ink (or paint) and lightly stencil the verbiage on. And I do mean lightly. You can apply more than one coat to darken the image, but should you get too much and blur your lines, removal will be a pain...if possible at all without damage to the object being printed on.

Now, if you have access to screen printing materials (or know someone who does), you're golden.

I've done it on a very limited basis and it's not that hard, but it does require finesse.

Just as a point of information, some public art studios have screenprinting equipment and they will help you use it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts