One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Australian OSW member
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just opened a bbi Barney, and I've found that the rotational joint at the top of his bicep is totally locked. His other arm is fine.

I'm wondering if anyone has some advice on how to loosen this joint?

The freezer? A Hairdryer?

I've tried heating the limb a bit but no luck, and I don't want to snap his arm off, so now it's question tme...

·
Australian OSW member
2,250 Posts
No luck, unfortunately. The joint is totally locked and so I can't get any movement. It almost seems like there's glue somewhere in there where it should not be...
Strange? In that case heat would be the prefferred measure - hang in there mate - one of the lads here on the board will offer solution.

·
Australian OSW member
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks mate. I've slowly been whittling away the plastic in the joint using the blunt side of a hobby scalpel. Not too deep, but enough so that there's some more room in there.

I'll see what comes up in the next day or so, after that I might whittle some more, then try unscrewing the entire arm and giving it a boil.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Gently does it,

I had a Bollywood Legends figure where someone had glued up joints at the top of the thighs. I freed one, but snapped the entire leg off at the hip joint freeing the other, ouch. I later found that cutting into the joint with a razor saw freed it, just don't saw through any locator pins! If you don't have much luck, swap out the body, it's better than breaking one.

CHEERS!

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Strangely enough I just snapped the same joint off on a Barney body.
It gave no sign of even being tight till I had his arm in my hand. I would suggest putting a thin layer of vasoline or liquid soap around the joint and slowly move it back and forth till it loosens up.
I'm gonna have to open the arm on mine up and pin the joint piece back together or make a new piece for it.

Oh well, Good luck with yours,

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.