One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

I'm trying to figure out how to put the Nomex gloves on some BBI G3.5 hands and can't figure out how. Anybody have any tricks?

Thanks
Nick

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
I am going to assume you are talking glove gloves. So, first you have to make sure you have the right type of hands. You need a set of Flex or bendy hands where the fingers separate to allow the gloves to go on. BBi has yet to make these type of hands. However, luckily Hot Toy, Soldier Story, and Barracks SGT make bendy or Flex hands that will fit on a BBi 3.5 hand joint connecting post. Here is a link to show you what the hands look like. http://www.vikingplayground.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=66&idproduct=1181 Note also that the connecting joint post will fit a BBi 3.5 body. It pretty much look like the same darn thing. However, the SS version may not be as durable as BBi's. SS may have fixed this problem with the 1st Cav SAW Gunner.

·
Banned
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Are you talking cloth or plastic gloves?

If it's cloth, then you need to cut the fingers apart with an blade, then take a lot of TIME and PATIENCE to get them on the hands. Just be sure they're the soft bbi hands, not the super-stiff ones.
I just figured that out. funny you would mention that, got them on in about 5 minutes. Thanks guys for the tricks on this.

·
uber noob assembler
5,022 Posts
There are some BBi G3.5 flesh hands taht are soft, but its like 50/50 when they released their figures, i've got a couple of pairs that has HT nomex gloves on. Use an exacto knife to separate the fingers, some surgical pliers to pull gloves into hands, then i use credit cards to slide the gloves into fingers adn make it snug. Oh and a whole gallon of Patience also comes in handy as John has mentioned.

Soldier story, HT, have good bendy hands, but personally i've always liked the BBi or the HT fixed soft hands, that way no need to mold or bend the fingers to hold the rifle.

here's few pics Nick
BBi g3.5 with HT OD nomex gloves

HT fixed with HT Black nomex gloves

·
custom title
342 Posts
Hi Nick-

Another trick I've found is to boil some water and immerse the hands (one fingers are x-actoed) for about one minute so that they are soft and bendy. If you work fast, they will slide right in. You need to trim down the fingers a quite a bit for it to look good IMO.

If you want to take it a step further, Immerse the gloved hands again and stick push-pins down the length of the fingers so that you can "pose" them more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.