One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bloodier than you HAHA!
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so this is something that has been bugging me recently. I'll get a figure to where I like the way they've turned out, only to realize that I haven't really done all that much to it. Changed some things, but I just don't feel that it's enough. The figure looks completely different, but I just don't feel that I've spent enough time on it. Does anyone else ever struggle with this?
I should probably just man up, post my figures anyway, and let you guys tell me what you think.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Yeah ive recently taken a few of my display figures down and redid a bit or two. The fun and time consuming stuff comes from weathering and customizing stuff. Rekit a rifle out or the pouch arrangment, make a custom pouch or pack.

·
GETCHA PULL!!!
809 Posts
Well, if you can get your desired results done quicker than expected, you should look at that as a blessing. The meat of the matter is getting it the way you want it to look. When you start adding more things or tweaking something that is just fine, that's when you start running into problems.
The secret to customizing, or even simple "bashing", is to take it in moderation. Don't work a figure like your cramming for a final exam. Work it for a while, set it aside, and look at it the next day. 99.99% of the time, you'll see it in a whole new light. Something that needs more work will make itself known, while things that you thought didn't look good (because you had been staring at it for 8 hours) will look great.

Hope this made sense...

·
Bloodier than you HAHA!
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I've noticed that a good night's sleep (which I didn't have last night, thus the post), can really ease the bumps and bruises of a frustrating project. Probably obvious, but I found it helpful to know.

·
frustrated hobbiest
1,602 Posts
it is never enough...I hunted down a pair of black cargo pants for my Cobra Commander bash, and now the whole damned thing is stripped down and in transition....never enough

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I have my "problem figures"...you know I dont think I've put together a "stock" figure in several years, every one of my guys gets modified (really kitbashed, modification takes time and patience..both of which I lack!)....so I wind up with spare parts. Eventually I just make a new guy out of my spare parts :)

But I have my 2 or 3 problem children..the figure that i can NEVER EVER seem to get just right so I want to leave them alone. I am always tearing them down, redoing them....then a few months goes by..."I don't like that!" and have to re-do him.

I have more figures, however, that "need" my attention...but I haven't had time to mess with them, usually because the attention involves more than a few minutes work, stuff like re-doing an entire vest with molle straps (hours with the tweezers) or padding out pockets, or crushing up chalk and weathering (something I never seem to get around to doing).

But then, I have figures on my shelf that have 8 years of dust on them, immobile...I went to move a hand on one of my german guys and it snapped off, the rubber had become brittle (Dragon BTW, a german gloved hand)!

What I love is when I finally tear down a figure, give him stuff from the parts bin, assemble him and wind up going "YES! THat looks great!"......and then he is forever enshrined on the shelf....

Sadly that happens less frequently than I'd like. I started to add up all thes tuff I had in the parts bin that I bought (at top dollar) and never used..we're talking going back to all the 21st stuff I amassed and then Dragon stuff....*sigh*....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts