One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just asking for a general range and if good paint jobs can be had for less, minus doing it yourself.

·
HOME OF FINE 1/6 CUSTOMS
4,689 Posts
Just asking for a general range and if good paint jobs can be had for less, minus doing it yourself.
This a tough question. Mainly because what you consider great work and expensive/reasobale price will differ from what I and others consider great work and expensive/reasonable price.

Personally, I found that the painters in the top of the field charge a minimum of $70. Some may consider that too expensive. Some may tell you you can get good work for less. This may be true, but as I said before, what some may consider good others may consider just ok.

Of course, personally, I'd love to pay less. Who wouldn't?! But I know the work and service I am getting is always top-notch. I know I am getting what I pay for. Personally, I want the best and the best usually comes at a premium price.

That being said, I'd suggest you contact painters you see here and ask for a quote and then you can decide what is within your budget.

Hope that helps.

Eric

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Well, like Eric said, you get what you pay for these days! A good paint job should take a good artist at least 2 hours at a minimum. There are really good artists out there and some not so good, it all depends on what you like and your expectations. The paint jobs on these factory sculpts are getting so darn good these days its uncanny!

Just do your homework and set a budget and see what you get??

Good luck!!

Jay

·
Schizophrenic Modeler
4,735 Posts
The last HS I had painted for me was last year by Skiman (who no longer accepts commissions) and it cost me a total of $90, which included postage to return the sculpt to me. Expensive, but the end result was worth every penny! In the case of painters, you really get what you pay for!

David

·
M1 Garands and Corcorans
511 Posts
I am going to recommend Manfred von Stein. He painted my TB head for € 35. It was top notch stuff, it too bad that the shipping back to me was more than it was to paint it.

·
Kit-Bash Krazy!
2,980 Posts
Wow!! Looks like two totally different hs. From cheap China copy to HT, SS or DID quality.
Thanks! I was quite happy with this one actually, turned out well.

It's ok if I add you to my list of commisioners, right ok cool thanks!

:D
Ha ha. I don't tend to do much commission work. I only do stuff for friends because I'm always worried I will mess it up. At least they'll be a little more understanding than someone you've never met.

I did this modification for a friend, he basically wanted a 'necked' joker head making 'neck-less'. So I modified the head, then I modified an ACI body (he was making a nurse joker figure) with a magnet in the neck post to hold the head on ala-DX12 style ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts