One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
That was Zen, This is Tao
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be interesting to see the average size of the collections our members have built of boxed figures, mine is now up to 49. Also let us know if you keep your boxes, my basement is slowly filling up with empty boxes and I am beginning to question the value in saving them.

·
Uber-Unteroffizier
1,546 Posts
Well, hmmm..excluding 21st century and GI Joe
i have bought around 35 boxed and 10 or more custom/kitbash.
I cut off the cover of the box of it's DML or any other one worth keeping and i dump the box itself. i use a couple for storage however

·
Registered
565 Posts
how many figures

i have about 40 figures only about 6 done. all the rest wip.
but i have about 40 uni,s weapons , gear for forty more figures
if i actually start on projects i have planned. ps more more more i can always use more. now what have you got as far as books, reference etc.

·
USAF GI Joe
540 Posts
I've got about 200+ on display, about 50 boxed in the closet (mostly duplicates of displays), a few rarer boxed Joes (Buzz Aldrin, Audie Murphy, some BBIs etc.). I've got 50+ loose figures stored in bags in a bin because lack of display area. I only keep a few empty boxes if they are cool looking (GI Joe HALO box because he's jumping out of a C-130). That's about it...

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Too many..Had to kick my future wife out..Just Kidding
I like that!! A man with priorities and of corse sacrifices must be made to the plastic crack gods!!

I got about 85 on display and GOK still in boxes.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Newbie here. Only have 5 so far. Waiting for 6 items to arrive within the next upcoming months (Takara batman, Hot Toys Deunan and Briareos, Predator Wolf and battle Damage P2, and ETB WTD Bruce Lee from Alexei)

Ill give my wallet a deep rest after that.

And yes I do keep the boxes.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Hundreds upon Hundreds...been at this since 91 so...they start to pile up :D

I've been trashing all my boxes since the late 90's when I realized they were taking up
about 10x the space as the figures were. I also learned that most of the figures I owned were either valuable with or without the box, or worthless..with or without the box.

Besides..I buy these to open, mess with, and enjoy......if I sell anything it goes on ebay loose as-in and whatever money I don't make back I consider a "rental fee" :D

·
Part-Time Action Hero
1,762 Posts
114 + two filing cabinet drawers full of naked man-dolls...

I'm a sad human being...

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
You all have me beat...

DiD - 11
Dragon - 2
Takara - 5
Sideshow - 4
BBi (Cy Girls) - 10
Twisting Toys - 1
Misc - 3
Ignite - 2
Hot Toys - 2
21st. C. - 3

Motor pool
Stuart
Jeep
Indian Scout
OC Chopper
Indian Chief
German bike with sidecar
1.5 hover bikes

None in boxes, and a crap load of loose parts pieces, and bodies.

·
Space Monkey
2,315 Posts
I have about 10 boxed Sideshow figs, those stupid boxes are works of art themselves, I can't bare to throw them out. Too many nudes and loose items to count, but less than 100. I don't think I want to own more than 100 figures, but we'll see what happens when I get to that point? That Kneejoint has me making vehicles now, so that will take up at least twice the space or more then figures do. Since I don't plan on having kids, maybe where the addition for the kids room would be, can now be the toy wing/museum/studio(?), since the bashes I do feel like my children anyway. Who says men can't give birth?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.