One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

How many Damaged Packeges have you had ....lets read and vent

2K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  Grunt1162 
#1 ·
Hey guys im just here sitting on my computer...trying to calm down a bit and needing a place to vent a little anger....so heres my deal I have ordered two Hot toy Elder predators and both have come with dameged boxes now granted the first one I ordered I was entending to open but I like to keep the boxes and I didnt want it all jacked up and man was it ever messed up then I decided to get another one so I can hold on to and keep MOC and I let the seller know that the packeges in my area seemed to get pretty bangged up and so I asked him if he could pack the box with some packing peanuts or bubble wrap seeing as the shipping was freaking rediculas for a seller shipping from California to California ( I would of picked it up but he declined that) so any ways a couple of day go buy and I receive my box and its a pretty big box so I was like yes this guy knows what hes doing ( almost all the sellers ship the Hot toys in boxes that is just barely its size and most of the time the corners get all jacked up mostly over seas sellers) and then I open the box and theres no packing peanuts no bubble wrap nothing just the Predator box bouncing around in this huge box and this one was more messed up than the last...so nedless to say I was pretty pissed off ...this is the kinda thing that really makes me want to quit being a collecter is people that dont have respect for the hobbie and for the collecters they just get into it to make money...when ever I ship something I always pack it as I would want my things packeged I take great pride in making my customers happy when they receive the figure in excellent condition it just sucks some people dont share that....well thanks guys for letting me vent...how about you guys share some of your experences...

See less See more
#3 ·
I ordered a DML erich and heinrich german machine gun team from justicefighters ages ago, and when it came one of the figures had a broken leg. Also from justicefighters i ordered a DML Kubelwagen and one of the lights was broken off. Shocking for impressive justice fighters really

#11 ·
was it a loose fig ? if so, it could just be the commute overseas. alot of times its the in-between, behind -the scenes action (non-person) vehicle-related times that cause the problems. alot of times, i look to see if packaging was there...if items weren't secure enough, thats on the seller for sure.

#4 ·
Sounds like you need to dump that seller.
There are others who would put more care into their job for you like Alexei aka mx22 .
I've never had a dinged package or a broken item from him. Others have had stuff broken or missing-not his fault-but he made good for them through the dealer and such.

#5 ·
Where are the run-on sentence police when you need them.:knock

If you are unsure of the reliability of a seller you should always research before buying. This board, and others like it, have sections dedicated to good & bad retailers. If it is an E-bay purchase, check the review section first. Either way, if you want to guard yourself from bad purchases do your homework before committing.

You might want to think about opting for the insurance also. A couple of extra bucks will protect your investment, especially on big items.

Something that looks like a good deal, often times isn't, especially on the Internet. You get the item for cheap, and the packaging as well.

#6 ·
Where are the run-on sentence police when you need them.:knock .
LOL! I was thinking the same thing. That comment is one long-a$$ sentence.

As per stuff arriving damage, I feel for ya. I pack pretty much everything with packing peanuts. Hec, I even add a few packing peanuts to a package that had just uniforms! I hate when stuff "rolls" around in the box. I've actually had some customers ask if they order a nude figure can I put it in a bubble envelope to same on postage. Are they for real?! I guess they have more trust in the post office than I do. Go figure.

Eric

RED PLANET TOYS
www.redplanettoys.com

#7 ·
No rant, but it's definitely time to switch retailers. There are plenty out there to choose from that have good references. For those who collect the packaging too, a few even go so far as to describe the condition of the packaging on their web site, so you know what you're getting before you even buy it (example Big Bad Toy Store just to name one).

I hope at least the contents of your boxes were OK.

#9 ·
Part of the problem with HT Predator figures is the size of the box. Because they label them as snap-kits, there are a lot of seperate parts in the box and box is almost 3 times larger then their regular boxes. This box would require a completely different shipping box and I guess not all sellers are willing to invest in them and try to use what's available on hand. As a result - damaged corners...

Alexei

#12 ·
I won a MIB TUS Bradley a couple years ago and the guy just taped the top of the box. When I first saw the box my heart sank. I know that would take a pretty big box to fit in (think washing machine), but knowing the history of this item having broken parts had me worried. Amazingly it was pristine, nothing broken. I guess this was more of a happy story. Sorry I couldn't commiserate properly.;)

#15 ·
I have never gotten a damaged piece in the mail or from the store. It has always been my experience that retailers will generally replace the figure if there is damage. I have had smaller pieces shift or fall to the bottom, but actually have found that gets me a piece at a lower price on the Bay. I certainly have broken a number after removal (looking at the SAW gun on my desk as we speak!!!@@@@#@!)

#16 ·
My last three major purchases (HT Elder Pred, BD Pred2 and Adam Hughes Black Cat Comiquette) all arrived broken. They were all properly packed, so it wasn't the sender's fault (Elder Pred and Black Cat from Corner Store Comics and BD Pred2 from Sideshow Toys), and there was no damage to the packages either, so I'm sure it wasn't the fault of FedEx or UPS. Just bad luck on my part I guess. Elder Pred was missing his lower left mandible. Found it wedged inside his chest armor. The BD Pred2 had a dreadlock that had fallen off. Both were easily fixed with a dab of super glue, so no biggy. The statue, however, was broken and scratched beyond repair. Luckily, CSC has top notch customer service, so I was able to receive a replacement without any fuss.

#17 ·
I've been having problems with FedEx and my SST Star Wars figures. 3 or four of my exclusives have shown up looking like hell. My Leia "Bosch" looks like someone tried to drive a 1" bar through the side of it. When I contact SST I'm told I can send it back for a refund (paying for the the shipping of course) but since it's an exclusive that is long sold out, we can't send you another. Tough luck I guess.

I've heard horror stories about UPS but I've never had a problem with them or other products sent through Fed Ex. Even my SST LotR figures show up just fine through Fed Ex. It's just Fed Ex and SST Star Wars figures...

#19 ·
I work in a distribution warehouse and the entry level positions are mainly shipping and picking. Most of these people are young kids who don't know they are picking damaged merchandise or don't care how a truck is loaded. Now this example is a hardware warehouse dealing with 60,000+ items. I would think SS and others would be more careful in the people they hire and the way they ship merchandise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.