One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
frustrated hobbiest
1,602 Posts
Probably better chow than the average unit and a great networking contact...

Uh, yeah served with Prince Harry in the "Stan, here's his phone number for a reference...:)
good grub, great references, and the graditude of his granny, not to mention the protection of about 150 highly trained SBS guys to boot

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,121 Posts
Lets not look to Dragon for the Brit grear.... oooohhhh. Sorry that was low. On the other side of that coin. Why haven't ANY other manufacturers stepped up and run with this ball. HT did 2 British SAS figures, BBI did 1(that I know of), Ulitmate Soldier had a few. Why is it that Dragon has been able to do nearly 10 figures, and still sells those old ones well. Maybe if Dragon can get the gear together and make an accurate figure they would do this.

He was on the front line so don't be fooled to much by his Royal station. He was in the field with the rest of his unit. Not much in the way of ammenities away from a main base camp, and at an FOB.

It disgusts me how the media will exploit fame, and risk somebodies security, not just the Prince, but his entire unit. Just to say look he's a soldier here. They should string up those media folks for doing stuff like this. HRH was quoted as saying "for 10weeks I was a soldier, and I did my job", and now he has to be removed because of risk to him and risk to the rest of his unit. And this goes for any individual soldier, not just a member of a royal family. It's disgusting and dangerous. Nuff said.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I moved this to OT, as it's stolen a march on discussing figures.

Let's cut Harry some slack, eh? The area he's been stationed in is a rough neighborhood, and projectiles don't recognise one's station in life, level of training, or lack thereof. If not a single bad guy knew Harry was there, it would still be dangerous. Why's the food good? Maybe because the Gurkhas whip up some chow that beats the regular fare.

He didn't have to be there, but he was, and did his job, apparently including some JTAC duty. Most of the press held off, having reached an understanding, maybe thinking soldiers' lives were the important thing. Whoever let it out just proved that their personal needs were more important than those soldiers. Give Harry the benny of the doubt, and if you have to scorn anyone, let it be those few selfish bastards that still insist on calling themselves journalists.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Hiya, everyone!

Good post Pukingdog: "projectiles don't recognise one's station in life, level of training, or lack thereof". Sure, Leftenant Windsor might be doing something reasonably secure, but he's not sitting on his bum in Kabul. I would NEVER question a young man doing service for his country. Not everyone can be jumping out of planes with a knife clenched between his teeth, doing hand to hand battle with the badguys. There has to be some guy whose primary job is burning out the latrine cans. I give him lotta credit for volunteering. Of course, it'll also look good on his resume.

Russ
Proud son of Rose and Wes

·
Registered
10 Posts
500 yards from the enemy at times is good enough for me to give him the respect he deserves. Especially when the most vocal A-holes that crusade for their fellow man can only make it as far as the President's Texas front lawn.

Our Prince wears purple and is pretty bizarre.

This Prince wears his nation's uniform and did his best to do the job he was trained for.

If I had a choice of which Prince to be proud of, it'd be fairly clear.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I am glad Prince Harry is out there showing the world he can go into battle. Even though Queen Elizabeth told him to go it gives him more character than his brother William. It proves to me that he is more than a spoiled rich kid. Didn't Prince Andrew fly a helicopter in the Falklands War?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts