One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, with a wife on my case, and doctor on my case and a new baby on the way, it's time to get into a better shape than round.

I just picked myself up an Specialized Hardrock Pro 2008 edition.

Took it out for a test ride tonight and really enjoyed myself. Now I just need to get rid of some weight and decrease the saddle-sore syndrome. Bring on the warm weather.

PS: I look miserable in the pic because the wife takes too long to take pics. I wanted to get out and ride.!

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steve O. I plan on carrying my camera with me as well. We actually have a nice trail system here that a lot of people talk about. Well, I am going to experience it! I recommend everyone get out this summer and get active!

Stay safe out there Steve.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Great way to get in shape, ive been cycling to work nearly everyday for 4 years now. That darn saddle saw will be gone in a week but if you don't cycle for a week it comes back with a vengence.

I find myself constantly thinking about what 1/6 bashing when i cycle and i come up with some great ideas which i note down for future bashes.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Nice Choice HP! My wife and I got back into riding as well. Tomorrow we're picking up a more streetable set of tires, like a hybrid road/dirt tire. We do more street riding with occasional trail riding and the full on off road tires were murder on the asphalt.

·
OSW's young gun
1,027 Posts
Well I haven't posted on here in what seems like a millennium... but this seems like a good enough place to start because since I stopped bashing and went off to college biking has been my thing.

Here's my two bikes.

08' Giant STP Single Speed

Custom IRO fixed gear

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
That second bike looks like the sort of thing that draws packs of marauding five year-olds. Of course, that would mean a better cardio-vascular workout. Welcome back, MVSpartan117. Congrats to all of you for choosing a righteous form of transport.

Oh yeah, one more thing....what religion is that priest in SteveO's sig, and why is that chalice so big?

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
nice bike HP.I used to ride mz bike everz daz for hours until the rims were bent out of shape and the derailer got bent. To rpelace the bike, I have 3 dogs, an trapoline, and a few bad problems that make me lose my appetite (nothing illegal, kinda)

·
A Stickler for Accuracy
4,365 Posts
Oh yeah, one more thing....what religion is that priest in SteveO's sig, and why is that chalice so big?
That would be the Church of Hockeytown PD (much like the Church of England), which is the official state religion of Detroit Michigan. The Chalice (or Cup, as it is referred to by the Faithful), which is carried during this particular service by Father Shanahan, is that big so that the congregants can see it from from the top pews of the Joe Louis Cathedral! :thumb

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL Steve, well written.

MVSpartan, nice rides!

Ok, went for a real ride yesterday. 2 hours. I think I should start this new regiment a little slower. Even after proper stretching before and after my ride, my legs are tight as hell this morning. And I don't even want to sit down right now. LOL. Was a great ride though. Had a lot of fun. Once the mornings start warming up, I am going to ride this bad boy to work.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I have been on a diet now for about six weeks and have lost 20lbs. I ride bike for 40 minutes a day and drink a gallon of water each day. Next week I am going to start hitting the treadmill also for 40 minutes to see if I can cut more weight. I am eating anywhere from 4-6 meals a day as well. I eat only protein and vegetables and limit my bread/carb intake during the week to 1 meal only before 6pm. I am also weight training and wrestling to get in shape. I decided that I was tired of being a big guy.

·
A Stickler for Accuracy
4,365 Posts
I have been on a diet now for about six weeks and have lost 20lbs. I ride bike for 40 minutes a day and drink a gallon of water each day. Next week I am going to start hitting the treadmill also for 40 minutes to see if I can cut more weight. I am eating anywhere from 4-6 meals a day as well. I eat only protein and vegetables and limit my bread/carb intake during the week to 1 meal only before 6pm. I am also weight training and wrestling to get in shape. I decided that I was tired of being a big guy.
Excellent Jason! Keep up the good work. :thumb

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, so far so good. Been on 2 good rides and a third "shorter" ride. The saddle sore bottom is getting better. Now looking for some decent riding shorts for the warmer weather. Bring on the summer!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.