One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Achieve those perfectly rolled sleeves & bloused pant legs? No matter what I do it just doesn't look right? Any tips/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
I haven't had any luck blousing bbi trousers cut for a g1 on a g3.5 while making it fit right, but in the past on other manufacturer's trousers on dml bodies, I've found that turning them inside out and then securing the bottom with rubber bands around the mid shin--then pulling the pants back up and inside in--works nicely for blousing.
I've actually settled for a more scruffy and probably incorrect look, but I remove the drawstrings at the leg cuffs and replace it with elastic thread which I tie off. It usually scrunches up in a way I don't particularly like though, but it stays closed and secure around their boot top.

I don't usually roll my figures sleeves [bc it exposes the joints and mostly bc its a pita :p] but on a uniform I received I noticed they cut open the sleeve cuff [other uniforms have adjustable cuffs] and in that way allowed for the sleeve to be opened wide enough to be rolled up. It does look really bulky though.

I've forgetten who, but it was either GrenadierStinny, SSG Felder or USMCWayne who would cut off the lower part of the sleeve and just roll up the remainder to about mid bicep. This removed the bulkiness and looked quite nice. I believe USMCWayne and a few others such as OneBravoFour practiced the above method of blousing too. Also, depending on which service you're depicting, they roll up their sleeves differently.

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
Still working on the sleeve rolling. Have tried like Saiko mentioned to some success. Usually get frustrated and just chop the whole sleeve off, especially if it is a Nam figure. Most of my modern all have the sleeve down, as rolling them up in the field, on deployment, etc.. never really happened much, at least not the experiences I have had/seen. Usually only happened in garrison. At the most, we would open the cuff and maybe roll it up once or twice to expose the wrists and allow for more airflow.

For blousing, I use little rubber bands around the ankle/top of the boot. They work just like the 1/1 elastic "blousing rubbers" imho. Takes some time to get them right sometimes, especially the lifting and tucking/rolling the trouser ends under the band. But worth it to me.

·
Part-Time Action Hero
1,762 Posts
Maybe this is sacrilege, but for rolled-up sleeves I cut them short w/ an exacto knife and use a tiny dot of super-glue to keep it in place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.