One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
I don't think there's a right way, except the one that works for you. You'll find it somehow. Theres the method Tony Barton puts out, and I'm sure you can glean some trade 'secrets' from the Longbow 'MITM' Team, or even our talented Reggie or Bob Parr of sideshow, and the many other skilled OSW members.

I generally sculpt the face-forehead past scalp and jawline up to ears first. I just use enough super sculpey in my hands for that part, usually not a lot, and add on the back of the head and ears later, so its pretty much hollow. I don't use any backing anymore, but I have to be careful with it in my hands or else I'll squish it or make it too warm and leave finger prints :p Sometimes I'll drop it but it never seems to dent, though I'm always afraid the nose is flattened @[email protected]

Mhmm for eyes you may want to use BBs, the silver kind. If you only do a wash over them instead of painting over them, they have this devilish luster that peeks out. I think that would be nice for tank girl. For the shape of her head that you've drawn, you should look up some 'how to sculpt elf dolls' tutorials. That niche is really popular and their sculptors very skilled. They usually work at a larger scale but the principles will still apply me thinks.

BTW, uber cool sketch. Was that done with tablet or straight up mouse? I love it, so much mischievous character.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts