One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Now every now and when I'm working on a kit-bash or something, there are times where something won't tie correctly or fasten, or whatever.

So I'm just asking to find out how you guys handle any frustration you get, or mabey its just me.

thanks
-rob.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Ditto to both replies. Stepping away for a few minutes really helps as does deep calming breaths and a couple pair of real good tweezers. Also glue, I have big hands so even with good tweezers I can't always get the little tiny helmet strap through the teeny tiny strap buckle. If my lady isn't around or can't be sweet talked into doing it for me I just glue it in place.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Everyone above is quite right. The rage that I have felt at times is nearly immeasureable, but you have to step back and come at it again after a break. These things are too small for most human hands to naturally handle and the tweezers are your most sound investment. Sometimes I have left something out when I cant get it to go right instead of smashing it together and doing more harm than good.

·
GETCHA PULL!!!
809 Posts
It's akin to when you sit there and stare at whatever it is you're working on for *literally* hours--your eyes start to mess w/ you and nothing looks quite right. I have went on to "fix" what I thought was messed up and completely ruined stuff. Stepping away from it when you start feeling that and coming back to it (I usually let it cool off over night) is the best thing to do.
And 9 times out of 10--it'll look better than you imagined.
As for the tweezers comment, I've grown so accustomed to using them that it feels unnatural using my fingers at all now :p

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,118 Posts
You race ahead and cut that guy off, hop outta the car, rush up to his and punch out his window, take that stupid cell phone he was talking on while driving like a complete moron and launch it into orbit, then contemplate beating his cranium into a soft pulpy mass..... oh, 1/6 frustration.

I usually just take a break for a half hour or so. Or just come back the next day and pick up where I left off. Gets me to re-focus and calm down. Changes the perspective a bit sometimes.

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
frustration is one of my favorite parts of the hobby........
If i'm frustrated about somehting (its normally lacing boots, bucling buckles, or painting sculpts), I've got a few ways to deal with it....

1. watch tv or listen to the radio for a few minutes (if I feel like moving).

2. go write a rant (havent had much to rant about latley though.....)

3. bum a smoke off my mom (im already in the garage, so why not?).

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
I put the project down and if it really sucks, I break in to my arsenal:

I also find this takes the edge off after a session of going through posts and PMs at the boards I mod. "OMG, you Nazi!!! Why did you delete my (rude, offensive, stupid, off topic, against the rules) post?" :lol

·
custom title
342 Posts
I try to have at least three projects, composed of five sub-projects going at the same time. This allows me to keep a fresh perspective and often I figure out the problem through doing something similar to what is initially posing a challenge.
It's good sometimes just to look at something else for a while.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
This probably would end badly for some people but I, personally, just keep trying. Getting the various pouches and what not on Albert Ross' belt had me all sorts of frustrated, I just kept pluggin' away though until I had it all done.

·
Old Jarhead
516 Posts
Getting a different subject to work on usually helps. Be it a figure, female, or good liquor. With more detail the frustration factor seems to have gone up accordingly. And then again what doesn't look better the next day except an empty wallet? :b

1 - 20 of 38 Posts