One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks Stryker2011

That worked a treat.

I am using a Mac, so I opened the pictures in preview, and then exported them as JPG files, and BINGO they are all the right way up now.

Thanks again

Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I'm new here and I've gotten into these figures in a big way. I'm retired, have time and I like figures. BJDs up and till now.
I have a photo of body color comparison 3 shade of Jiaudol and Phicen's three shades. I thought it might be helpful.
I also have a Mac know how to make a .jpg and want to, if I can, upload from my desktop ? I use Flickr and have had problems on a different forum. I will join Photobucket if necessary, but would rather do it from my desktop. Is that possible?

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Experimented earlier with using the insert image feature. Interesting, SSF has the exact same feature, but, theirs posts the pic full size. They look to use VBulletin too, so, maybe the code boffins can look at doing similar here, there has to be a way to do it. If you can get it so the images are full size you really would kill any need for a pic host. If users kept the posted image size to about 480 x 640 it would work just fine.

CHEERS!

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Guys, if you have Firefox or Google Chrome, there is now an extension available called Photobucket Fixer that WILL allow you to see Photobucket pics again!!

I installed it and it works, provided you didn't delete your account that is, which I of course did, so you won't see any of my pics again!

CHEERS!

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts
Guys, if you have Firefox or Google Chrome, there is now an extension available called Photobucket Fixer that WILL allow you to see Photobucket pics again!!

I installed it and it works, provided you didn't delete your account that is, which I of course did, so you won't see any of my pics again!

CHEERS!
Thanks, that worked like a charm. I added the extension to Firefox and then loaded this page and the image that I linked to using PB above, shows just fine. Hopefully someone will come up with an addon for MS Edge that does the same thing. I suspect that it may only be temporary though if PB decides to block the extensions in some way.

·
Registered
263 Posts
ImgBB - Upload Image - Free Image Hosting

This is a good working picture upload and sharing website.

Start by registering. You can use google accounts to log in if you want to save the trouble.

After registering, u can start to upload images. You can create new albums for each upload.

To put in pictures in forums, select Get Embedded Code, then choose BBcode Medium Link. Copy the link(s), and simply paste them onto your forum.

Any questions do feel free to ask me. Have fun!

·
OSW Pug Warrior
5,658 Posts
Testing using my Flickr account with a pic I just made "public".

Looks like it's working to me. It's a woodcut electronic image I drew based on a 21st Century 101st Airborne paratrooper figure I had back in 2001.
Is it visible to others? If so, looks like I can, when I do, post pix via this method in the future.

Flickr User Steps:
1. Set pic or album to "Public" - see bottom of Flickr page.
2. Then click on the Share icon.
3. Then choose embed and you'll see a field with a long string in it, see below.

Talk about difficulty in finding the right URL for it, though:
https://flic.kr/p/8 was what I pulled out from this entire string:
gi_joe_paratrooper_woodcut. Yuck.

Basically, find that embed or share code, then extract out the img src URL and paste that into the OSW image field.

Lemme kindly know, please, if there's an easier way to extract that if you're a fellow Flickr user.

Cheers!

·
Tiger I Info Center
1,040 Posts
I am trying to post a photo that is hosted on my own website and it doesn't work unless I want it to be an "attached thumbnail" which I hate. I want it to be displayed full size inline with the post text. This only seems to work if the photo is hosted on a site such as Imgur or Flickr for instance.

For example, I have this photo hosted on my own website: http://www.alanhamby.com/ebay/arkhambody.jpg

If I try to post that using this code it does not display anything: [IMG]http://http://www.alanhamby.com/ebay/arkhambody.jpg[/IMG]

However if I use the same BB code with the Flickr image above it works fine: [IMG]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3817/9076632758_765f342662_b.jpg[/IMG]

Can we only post full size inline photos from certain image hosting sites, not from our own websites? Is it because the image hosting sites are using HTTPS instead of HTTP?

If I can post a photo from my own website can someone tell me how to do so without it being an "attached thumbnail"?

·
Caught in a 1/6 world
188 Posts
For a site that is expectedly photo related, one would think there would be a simpler method to insert photos. Seems lot's of site have a simple button that allows you to upload a photo directly from your file?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts