One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SLAYER RULES!
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the bbi Snake" U.S. Marine Corps Sniper and the strips of fabric that comes
with it are to dark so is there any thing I can use instead of the strips? :shades

·
Registered
807 Posts
I've seen and used embroidery thread with decent results.
Jon

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
jon math said:
I've seen and used embroidery thread with decent results.
Jon
I'd second that. I bought the extra strings carded set for that figure. Looking at it now I think a fabric store would have needlepoint thread with plenty of varying natural shades of brown & green thread you could use. If they were unravelled they'd probably work pretty well.

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Or you can do what I did with all the jute that came with Snake. Seperate it all into 4 strand bundles. It litens the colour dramatically and doubles the amount you have.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Hollowpoint said:
Or you can do what I did with all the jute that came with Snake. Seperate it all into 4 strand bundles. It litens the colour dramatically and doubles the amount you have.
Good point. I hadn't thought of that. I assumed he'd already unraveled it and still thought it was dark. Looking at Butch's old post it definitely looks like unraveling / breaking down the strings down to fewer strands is the way to go. I'll have to try that myself.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sawgunner I just bought all the materials this evening and I am in route to copying your way, thanks for that post it's looking cool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.