One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
when do i grow up?
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've been out of the hobby for a while due to real life and I've noticed the price jumps and the new big brands in town. I'm fairly old school meaning most of my collection is Dragon with some 21C for the nostalgia. I'm also a squad builder which as we all know is a huge kick to the wallet.

I love 'Nam bashes and ACE has finally stepped up and ended the drought however I can't justify buying a new ACE M16 when I still have a bunch of DML M16s that look the part. Same for bodies and HS, ive got boxes of DML bodies and compatible headsculpts. outdated? maybe. will they suffice given that new bodies run for $50+? i think so.

My question is how are you guys like me keeping up with todays hobby? Are you satisfied with your old DML bashes or are you trying to replace everything with the latest and greatest?

·
1:6 Miniature Craftsman
682 Posts
A good diorama of a squad can be done by using a couple of newer, more accurate figures in the foreground and keeping older or cheaper figures for the background. The background figures don't even need much articulation. All of the action and attention is focused on the figures at the front.

·
Registered
419 Posts
weather and repaint and I am fine with the older Dragon stuff. I rarely buy any new figures as I already have most of what I wanted when Dragon and BBI and even 21C was pumping out stuff. A repaint and weather will do wonders with most of this stuff and I get the fun of doing it myself. I will say that I do replace head sculpts with allot of the new DID as they are really quite good but the bodies and such is still Dragon. I am more of a dio guy than a single figure collector so that has something to do with it.

Jeff (Geppetto)

·
Registered
595 Posts
I used to be a squad builder but decided about 8 years ago that fewer more detailed figures was my future. I sold off most of my old figs in favor of wood & metal weapons, leather gear, real steel helmets and realistic sculpts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts